Chapter 7: The Sin Pt. 3

Cold

Cold.

It's all I feel. I feel so cold.

"Dammit! Wake up! You need to open your eyes."

The voice is distant, a blurry white noise. Please tell me I'm dead. Please let me be dead. Let me forget everything and feel nothing.

"Wake up. Come on, you need to open your eyes!"

Their desperate. I can hear them clearer. Their panicked, but masking it well with urgency and anger.

"Almana!"

I gasp loudly- eyes shooting open as I'm met with a bright light. Quickly, I turn on my side- my body aching as I cough up water.

I can hear the sound of relief as I feel hands gripping my body. I'm being cradled in someone's chest.

I continue to gasp and cough water out of my lungs as I feel the hands push back my hair.

"You're okay. It's okay." They reassure. And just like that- my senses are brought back to reality as I let out a gut wrenching sob.

No. No. No. No.

I wail loudly as i curl into myself. "NO! NO! NO!" I scream as hands try to hold me. I shut my eyes as I try to escape their grasp.

"Hey! Hey! It's okay!" The deep voice raises roughly. I sob loudly.

"NO! NO!" I scream as I hit the person roughly. My eyes shut as I breathe hysterically.

I can hear them breathing erratically as well. Hands trying to grip my wrist. His voice deep as he tries to take control over the situation.

"Stop it. Stop." He demands. I continue screaming and wailing like a mad woman. I am mad. I'm furious.

"Almana!" They shout.

"I WAS SUPPOSE TO DIE!" I scream.

Silence.

Hands disappear as I curl into a ball on the floor whimpering and shaking. His body leaving me completely.

I was suppose to die. Why didn't he let me die. I cry loudly.

I can hear his shaky intake of breathe.

"I was suppose to die." I sob. I can feel his gaze- even behind the stupid helmet. I knew who it was even in my miserable and crazed state.

Why did he come back? Why give me hope? He'll just leave again. They all leave. They all do.

"No. You weren't." My sobs quiet done as I hear his stern voice become soft. I keep my eyes shut tightly- wanting to disappear forever.

"You were never meant to die, Almana." I cry softly. I want to.

"I was meant to save you."

My heart stops as I try my best to quiet down. Slowly, I open my eyes only to see him crumbled on both knees staring down at me.

His hands lay carelessly by his side, open and vulnerable.

"I have failed you, Almana."

I stayed silent. I'm broken. I'm lost.

"But I won't fail you again." He offers me his gloved hand.

"Please." I can hear his pleading tone.

"I can help you leave this place. You can start over."

I stare at his hand. A new life. A chance of happiness. A family. I could have it. I-is this my chance?

And if he lies? If he's worse to me? If this is all some cruel and sick joke.

Then I'd know that I tried. That I didn't give up. That I did everything I could.

I latch onto his hand, staring at his visor.

"I want a family."

He stares for a minute before giving a nod. His grip tightening as he quickly hauls me into his arms bridal-style.

I latch onto him as he carries me. My eyes slowly closing as I start to drift off from exhaustion.

"You won't be alone, kid." I hear him softly mumble and then the world goes black and for once in my life.

I feel wanted.