Chapter 3: The Children Pt.2

The armored man stood in front of us, leading the way back to where I assume his ship is

The armored man stood in front of us, leading the way back to where I assume his ship is. The child is in his container with the hood down, observing and floating alongside me in his container.

I squint as I finally spot the huge ship, resting amongst the sandy floor. However, his ship is being dismantled by Jawas.

The bounty hunter quickly spots this and curses as he runs, grabbing his weapon and disintegrating a few of them which sends them fleeing in their sandcrawler.

My eyes widen as I run after him as he is following the sandcrawler and attempts to board it.

He's crazy! He can't take all those little guys with their weapons on by himself! I glance at the baby whose carrier zooms after our captor. I immediately go to follow after them, but pause.

Wait. He was a bounty hunter, I am his bounty, he's occupied and right now...now, now, I could escape.

I bite my lip as I go to turn around, what about the baby though? I hesitate, I couldn't leave a child by himself.

I glance back at the baby, only to gasp as I see the armored man falling off the huge sand crawler.

His body hits the dirt harshly and I watch as he stays unmoving. Oh my goddess, is -is he dead? My body shakes as I tense up.

He's not moving, I have to do something! I can't-I can't just leave him to die! I quickly break out into a sprint as I make my way to him, quickly dropping to my knees.

I let out a relived breathe as I see his armored chest moving at a steady beat. I sit there, watching him as I glance at the baby in his carrier, who seems to be staring at the unconscious man.

"I-I'm sure h-he's okay." I mumble out worriedly as I stare at the man. The baby coos at my words, as if responding. I glance at him seeing him staring at me now instead.

I bite my lip. "I-I'm s-sorry. I-I don't s-speak baby." I mumble softly. He stops his cooing, tilting his head to the side instead as he continues staring at me with his big orbs.

I look away, staring down at the man instead. I slowly lay a shaky hand on his shoulder, feeling worried, should I take his helmet off and see if he has head wounds?

My head pounds as I start feeling really tired for some reason. I groan as I lift my hand away from him and instead hold my head as I feel dizzy.

Suddenly, he shoots up groaning as he sits up, quickly turning to me. "What did you do?" He demands more than questions. I back away as my dizzy head fades, focusing on him instead.