Chapter 5

A/N: Ilsadora Silverstein^^

"What are we going to do now?!" Jeanette asked, pacing the floor of the kitchen in Viviana's house.

Viviana, true to her word, had met both Jeanette and Santiago at the palace gates before returning home, saying she had to meet Elena and explain things to her. Jeanette and Santiago had tagged along and absolutely refused to leave, even after Viviana told them it really wasn't necessary for them to follow her. Now, Viviana had her head down on the table as Jeanette paced with Preisha, and Santiago calmly sat across the table from Viviana.

"What do you mean, what are we going to do?" Viviana mumbled to the table. "Is it not obvious?"

She propped her head up and gazed tiredly at Jeanette, who shrugged.

"No soy una genia." [I'm not a genius] Jeanette mumbled. "Eres tú" [That's you.]

Viviana sighed. "I'm flattered Jeanie, but you really think too low of yourself. We're going to do exactly what we told that bastardo we were going to do. We're going to go to the edge of Remembauri, and talk to Ilsadora."

"Talk?!" Jeanie yelped as Santiago wrinkled his nose. "I don't want to support violence, but that sounds even more insane than killing the former Queen. What makes you think she'll talk to us? She's nuts! She cursed a baby child to die! And she'll kill us before we can say surrender."

"That was a long time ago." Viviana insisted, tapping the table. "Princess Isabelle is eighteen now. 18 years of banishment and isolation may have made Ilsadora see the error in her ways. If anything, she'll want to help us."

"If anything, isolation destroys minds. Ilsadora is likely even crazier than she was 18 years ago." Santiago mumbled.

Viviana groaned. "Come on, guys! Think positively."

"If you are serious about this, we need to be realistic. Not positive." Jeanette eyed Viviana like Viviana was the crazy one, instead of Ilsadora.

And, maybe, Viviana was.

After all, no one else would voluntarily travel across kingdoms to meet with an insane woman who had once cursed a child to die.

Viviana was about to try and give more support to her points, when the front door opened and Elena Morales walked inside, her house keys dangling from her finger as she shut the door behind her. Elena stopped dead when she saw the group of teenagers congregated in her kitchen.

"Hi there. I wasn't expecting all of you. Did the sleepover go ok yesterday, Viv?" Elena asked, throwing her keys onto the kitchen counter and shrugging off her coat to hang it on the back of a chair.

Viviana cracked within an instant. She had kept a secret from Elena for 24 hours... a new record. And now she couldn't resist the pull demanding her to tell her mother everything she had done since the end of school yesterday.

"I want to save Princess Isabelle!" She blurted, and both Jeanette and Santiago slumped in defeat.

Elena frowned thoughtfully, a crease appearing in her forehead.

"We all want to save the Princesa, Corazon. But that just isn't possible for most of us. We just have to support her in the only way we can."[Again, Corazon=heart. Princesa=princess]

"No! You don't understand, there is a way." Viviana pleaded and Elena sighed.

"Yes, I know, the application. They won't accept you."

Viviana crossed her arms. "We don't need a dumb application! We can save Princess Isabelle without the crown's help."

"Cómo? El rey tiene más recursos. Necesitamos él. Los sueños deberían ser alcanzable, ser esto importante." [How? The king has more resources. We need him. Dreams should be attainable, to be this important.] Elena said sternly. Viviana knew her mother was agitated when Elena swapped to Spanish without a second thought.