Chapter 7

A/N: Princess Isabelle Ricosta^^

"Viv, how are you so calm right now?" Jeanette whispered. "This is nerve wracking!"

Viviana laughed. "We haven't even left home yet, Jeanie."

That was true. They were all standing right outside Viviana's house, bundled up in winter coats and boots, with their suitcases propped up next to them as Viviana locked the front door. Preisha was secured in a pet carrier... and she had not shut up once since getting inside about how much she despised it.

Viviana had blocked her familiar's thoughts out once every other word sounded venomous enough to be a curse.

Santiago had his hands tucked calmly into the pockets of his coat, displaying none of nervousness his sister was struggling to contain. Out of all of them, he was the most levelheaded, no matter the situation.

"There is no sense in stressing, Jeanie." He said as Viviana tucked her key into her own red coat pocket and adjusted her red winter boots. "We're going on an adventure, not jumping off a cliff."

"Could've fooled me." Jeanette grumbled.

Viviana patted Jeanie's shoulder. "Airplanes really aren't that bad."

"I've never been on one before! And you said it made your ears hurt like hell. How is that not bad?"

Viviana shrugged. "I guess we've all had worse...?"

Jeanette groaned and grabbed the handle of her suitcase, tucking her face into the hood of her coat.

"Let's get this over with then."

***

Unfortunately for Jeanette, their flight was delayed by several hours.

They showed up at the gate for check in right on time, only to be directed to a different gate before the flight was completely delayed altogether. A snow storm was raging across most of Yaquir, and it was preventing flights from taking off.

It made a distant part of Viviana shudder. Could the snowstorm be caused by Ilsadora? What if she really is unstable?

But she pushed those doubts to the back of her mind. She could not doubt herself, or her intuition. Not when everyone else was already questioning her sanity.

It was easier to breathe and confront her doubts when they finally got into the air.

After comforting Jeanette first of course.

Jeanette was intentionally squished in between Viviana, who received the window seat, and Santiago, who sat by the aisle. That way, she could murder both of their hands as she squeezed too tight from nerves.

It helped that she was a healer and fixed their hands quietly when takeoff was over with a whispered "Thank you."

Viviana stared out at the dark sky. Their flight had been delayed for so long, they had basically spent the entire day at the airport. But at least now she could see the stars.

She hummed contentedly to herself for a while, struggling to stay awake, and only realizing what she was humming after Jeanette elbowed her.

"What song is that?" Jeanette asked. "I've never heard it before."

Viviana tried to reply, but she realized she didn't know herself. It was the same song the mysterious voice had been singing in her dream yesterday, and the same song from the ballerina music box Ilsadora had.

"Just a melody I heard. I don't really know what it is."

Jeanette nodded. "Well, it's pretty."

And she turned back to Santiago, chatting animatedly about where they would stay in Yaquir and how they would get to the border mountains.