Chapter 17

A/N: Ezra Rodriguez, Santiago and Jeanette's cousin, with her cats, Del and Fay^^^

The snowmobile purred under Viviana's feet. The snow passed by them in a blur of white, coming from both the sky and wind and displacement. The drifts were steadily becoming deeper the longer they traveled, and Viviana was terrified.

Not that she would hit something, but that the snowmobile would get stuck.

It quickly became obvious why Preisha had been so insistent she could drive the snowmobile.

Due to their altitude, there was nothing to hit, unless a person or sign came out of nowhere. There weren't even trees.

It was a barren wasteland.

Viviana could finally understand why some people referred to intense snowy areas like this as deserts. Just because they were frozen, didn't mean that they were any less desolate.

Viviana was driving the snowmobile, as Jeanette hung on behind her. Preisha was squished between Viviana and the handles of the snowmobile. Santiago was driving his own snowmobile behind them, saying if he could handle icy twisting turns, he could handle driving himself on top of the snow.

Preisha had the star compass, and was navigating Viviana telepathically, telling her when to turn, and if they were on course.

Otherwise, they never would have been able to get to Izzy.

"I know your cousin is crazy, but did she really have to move here?" Viviana shouted to Jeanette over the wind and sound of the snowmobile.

She felt Jeanette's shoulders shrug against her back.

"She's Izzy. We don't know why she does anything. Maybe she actually wanted to be closer to Ilsadora. Like you said, she's crazy. And only a crazy person would purposefully live nearby the former Snow Queen."

Darkness was falling.

"How much farther, Preisha?" Viviana asked. "Does that thing tell you distance?"

"No. Sharp right."

Viviana yanked the almost bicycle like handlebar to the right, probably sharper than Preisha had intended, as Jeanette clung to her tighter.

"You know, if we were on a motorcycle, and in some random neighborhood instead of a frozen mountain, I think I'd call this a cliche." Viviana joked, tilting her head slightly to look at Jeanette.

She couldn't see Jeanette's face beyond the snowmobile helmet, but she could feel the elbow that dug into her back.

"Yeah, right." Preisha grumbled. Viviana snorted. She couldn't believe that Preisha was listening to her, and that her familiar thought to respond. "If you're a cliche, I'm going to forcibly turn your life upside down. Because if you are cliche, that means I'm cliche. And that is not happening. Also, slight left."

Viviana complied, chuckling to herself.

"Oh, Priesha." She grinned. "I doubt you could ever be a cliche. You have too much pyrokinesis for that."

"Thank you."

"Did she say how much farther it is, Viviana?" Jeanette shouted as loud as possible. Even then, the sound was still muffled.

"No!" Viviana told her. "Apparently the compass thingy just says where to go, but not how far to go."

"That's stupid!"

"Izzy is your crazy cousin, not mine!" Viviana shrugged. "I don't even know who my parents are, though, so for all I know I have a cousin that's crazier."