Baby life is a struggle

Being a baby is as boring as I thought it would be. I do nothing but stare at the ceiling with a blank face. Well except comfort this kid. Jeez I didn't expect him to be this much of a cry baby. It's quite annoying to always feel this lump cuddle next to me at night time. But for whatever reason whenever he looks at me with his puppy dog eyes, it melts my cold logical heart.

What is wrong with this kid, what is he doing to me! Jiro, as I've aptly named him, is quite adorable. I don't know if it's shonen protagonist genes, or my baby vision is messing with me. Could be both. Besides him, these parents are normal. I'll give them that, even then it still feels weird to be doted on by what I thought were fictional people.

To me right now, it seems as I start to get used to this environment, I keep forgetting important things to the story. Maybe this baby brain is starting to set in. Whatever, I'll deal with it. Let's just keep repeating important science principles.

Kie, I believe her name was, has finally decided to show us to the outside world. The deadpan look never leaves my face. Especially with all these old people who feel the need to pinch my cheeks. Jiro likes it for some reason, seriously Jiro why are you such a puppy. Ugh these elders won't stop. Curses, I still can't understand anything they say.

Even after trying to listen for words I could get a grasp on, nothing, absolutely nothing. Education will come later I guess, let's just focus on trying to get these geezers to stop the assault on my cheeks.

As I look at them with a scowl on my face, it seems to have the opposite effect of what I wanted. Then Jiro turns to look at me, with what I describe as the brightest cutest look I've ever seen. What the hell, why are you so cute, and why are you looking at me like that?! What do you want!? He then reaches out towards my cheeks, and PINCHES THEM!?

What the hell Jiro!? Stop looking at me like I greatly offended you for not pinching your cheeks. Why is everyone so weird?

I feel every second I am here; I lose brain cells. Baby brain is the worst! I used to be smart! I had a PhD! Maybe his cute face is sucking up my smarts. That's gotta be it. At this point I think my brain is at the same level of a teenager! Ughhhhhhh, that's gotta be why I'm so moody.

I hate everyone. Ok shut up (y/n), let's just live this life as a country bumpkin. No need to freak out about the literal demons roaming the earth. WHO AM I KIDDING, of course there's a need to freak out about them! How the hell am I going to deal with them? Will I frickin survive? Why do I feel there's something important about demons and this family!? That's it! I need to snuggle with puppy Jiro!