Déja vu struggle

It started snowing last month and now it feels like the whole world is covered in the stuff. It certainly makes going down the mountain harder. Especially for Jiro since he has to carry around a basket full of heavy coal. I have asked time and time again to let me sell it, but it seems he thinks I'm incapable of being friendly to people.

Well he may be correct but it still hurts man. He tries to get me to be more friendly to people when we are down the mountain, but it never helps. Guess I am just too cool for people in this life. That or I don't feel like getting close to people. I just can't shake the feeling that I forgot something entirely important to the plot.

That makes me feel like I should distance myself from people, I'm not quite sure why. One thing I do know is that everything our neighbor says about demons is real. That in it of itself, is terrifying.

I don't know why but today seems special. It's not like anything different is happening, Jiro is going down in freezing snow to sell coal, well the kids stay with Nezu and play. Nothing special about it. I mean New Years is coming soon, but I never really believed in any of that.

But the brats did keep bothering me about making a wish so I gave them a simple one like, happiness for my family or something. I mean I do wish for that. Over the 13 years I've lived with these people, I've grown fond of them. Maybe it's because I decided to stay home? I mean it's not like it's a break day, I still have to deal with brats and the always moody Takeo. Nezu seems to be the only one who got things under control with the brats.

When Kie wished Jiro luck for the day and the brats begged him to let them come, I for whatever reason felt a strange feeling of Déja vu. I just brushed it off, deciding to wish my puppy twin brother luck.