Chapter 10

Lucy was odd in a way that Kakashi feels like he'd been conversing with an adult instead of a child most of the time. Yes, he did not have a normal childhood, but he remembered being a brat at the age of four and an upgraded jerk throughout his teenage years.

Shikaku Nara's son was a smart one, but he hadn't been giving off the same vibes that Lucy had been. The blonde was a mystery, from the way she sleep talks and mentions names (Natsu, Aquarius, Nashi, Levy, Happy that, he heard the most) or the way she stares at nothing with her eyes dull as she sat still like she was sleeping awake. And sometimes she would talk like a person who had been through so much, there is wisdom out of her words. Wisdom that even Kakashi could not get. 

Her sudden relationship with Naruto had been a shock too, she had been and is been way too close to the Leaf's jaile- knucklehead for every higher up's liking. And possibly, she had now already know that Naruto is the Kyubi's jinchuriki. That was not good. 

But she is four years old, there is no way everything that there is to unpack about the blonde would fit for a four year old. She sounded wiser, she sounded older, she sounded broken. She was odd and a mystery, and Kakashi didn't know what to make of her, he hated not knowing. Especially since the unknown is sleeping under the same roof he is. 

Kakashi Hatake does not understand Lucy, and what the humans does not understand either makes them curious or prejudice. 

Lucy would kill to have access to her star dresses again. She thought as she sat on the training grounds, staring at her celestial keys in hand. She had been meaning to train, but she forgot that her definition of train was to summon her celestial spirits and spar with them, or practicing her star dress abilities.

Which she could not do, or maybe she could but paranoia runs deep in her that she could not afford to show her aces in the enemies' territory, not when suddenly she had grown distant with Kakashi, not that they were close to begin with.

It was good, the man no longer invaded her personal space, he does not call her Lu-chan or reminds her to be home at five. 

It was nice, Lucy thought. 

But then she felt Kakashi observing her more from a distance, and she would rather have Kakashi than Hound again, because Hound is a killer, Hound is an assassin, Hound is ANBU- Hound is there to keep her locked up and observed.

Even if she could go out the house, Hound's eyes are on her. 

It was sick, the fact that she had fallen for his Kakashi facade, the annoying, stupidly concern, freaking porn reader Kakashi. But, no. She does not care. If Hound is back then that does not matter.

She just had to sleep with one eye open. 

But...she thinks back on when Hound had appeared again, and the only time she could remember was after the mission he went where he disappeared for a week. The one he left after discussing about Naruto.