Chapter 6

HAD LUCY EVER TOLD YOU HOW SHE INTERACTED WITH OTHER KIDS AT HER AGE BACK AT THE DAY? no? because she never did. 

Standing at the playground, Lucy looked at the kids at her age blankly, an orange dog stood on all four beside her as wind blew from behind them, making Lucy's skirt sway to the right. She blinked and looked around muttering 'socialize' under her breath. Pakkun gave her weird looks making her look at him, she furrowed her eyebrows at the dog who rolled his eyes on her.

She huffed and crossed her arms, looking around she saw different kids whose age matches up her physical appearance, there was a blonde girl and judging from her pale blue pupil-less eyes, she was a Yamanaka, beside the Yamanaka was a pink haired individual, she had to blink and rub her eyes to unseen her daughter Nashi. The pinkette have emerald eyes, unlike her daughter who has her chocolate brown eyes. 

There was other kids playing there too, but one caught her attention, the blonde kid who sat alone at the swing. He would occasionally look at a group of kids with his wide ocean blue eyes before frowning as they sneered at him, what was more intriguing is the whisker marks on his cheeks.

"Pakkun." she called out the dog beside her, who hummed in respond "Who's that?" she asked, looking at the kid, Pakkun tore his gaze away from the passing stray dog to the girl his summoner asked him to look out for, he found her looking at someone, he followed her gaze and he answered "Dunno, but I've got tid-bit info bout' him, names' Uzumaki Naruto. Dunno' but everyone avoids him like a plague." 

Lucy frowned at his answer Like a plague? why? "I'm gonna go check on him." Lucy said before walking towards the boy Naruto, Pakkun sighed but followed the blonde who was walking towards her co-blonde.

Naruto, to be honest, is a sad boy. No matter how wide he smiles or how hard he tries to have friends he knew he'll never had, he was sad despite telling himself it has become his normal. Nobody really approaches him, the villagers all hate him and he was thrown out of the orphanage. 

Somehow, despite not knowing who they even are, they hate him. So when a blonde girl with the kindest chocolate brown eyes approached him, he was lost at words. "I'm Lucy! You're Naruto, right?" She was certainly new if she knew his name yet sticks around, Naruto thought.

"How'd you kno' ma' name, 'ttebayo?" He asked in a loud voice that made Lucy blink, certainly not what she expected from a lonely boy. Nevertheless, with the words 'socialization' repeating like a broken record in the back of her mind, she smiled at him and pointed at Pakkun.

"Pakkun told me." She said, gesturing towards the dog, Naruto frowned "How can a puppy tell you?" He asked in pure disbelief, Pakkun looked at the child in an offended manner. "I'm a ninja dog, nin-ja!" Pakkun exclaimed, startling Naruto.

"Wha! tha' puppy just talked, 'ttebayo!" His expression reminded her of Natsu so she couldn't contain her giggles. "Are you laughin' at me?" he asked, offended. Naruto was used to people laughing at him and throwing him nasty glares so don't be surprise that he's offended by something so trival.

Lucy shook her head "I-i'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing because of you." Naruto looked at her confused "What cha' mean?" Lucy and Pakkun deadpanned at him. Gone was Lucy's worries as she was reminded of her [ excuse her rudeness ] quite dumb friends back at Fairy Tail. She supposed that talking with them was hardly no different that talking to children.

"Well, I don't really know how to explain it, uh. You made me laugh, you...made me happy." she shrugged as though it was no big deal. Naruto's eyes widen, did this chick really said he made her happy? But everyone hates him, how could he make her happy?

"You're lyin', 'ttebayo." Naruto grumbled, Lucy desprately shook her head, Pakkun tore his gaze away from the two and smiled at the stray dog looking at his direction. "No, I'm not. You...reminded me of a friend of mine. He was really funny too, a great friend."

"I reminded you of a friend?" he asked, surprised. Nobody sees Naruto as someone more than a monster, excluding some fellas like Teuchi and Ayame, and the Old Man Hokage too. Lucy nodded smiling down as she was reminded of her happy times with Natsu and the rest of the guild.

"Yeah, He's really brave, quite charming and funny, he cares a lot about his loved ones." Lucy remembered the Fire Dragon Slayer, her friend, her bestfriend, her partner, her lover, her husband. Her Natsu.

"I haven't known you for so long but I think we'll be great friends, Naruto!" she grinned widely at him. Extending her hand out. Pakkun rolled the tiny pebble with his paw. The jailer of the Nine Tailed Fox blushed, before holding Lucy's hand, the hand where her guild-mark used to be.

"Well, I'm Naruto...Uzumaki Naruto, and I'm gonna be Hokage so everyone will acknowledge me, 'ttebayo!" he cheekily smiled at her. Lucy's brown eyes met Naruto's blue ones.

"I believe you will."

TO BE CONTINUED.