Behind The Walls || Ep.25

The Next Day

Cale got off the carriage once they got to Harris Village, the village closest to the Forest of Darkness. His thoughts once he got there were simple.

He is with the wolf children, the two kittens, Raon was also there of course! And Vice Captain Hilsman, since the count order him to keep Cale safe. They leave Choi Han behind with Carlos. They are both training!

Witira and Paseton are still watching from afar for Safety reason. The wolf children are with Lock who is exploring the village

“It’s black.” Cale mumbles with a frown

'Here.. We are. Where mother died.' Cale mumbles to himself as he frown even darker

It had been a little longer than two months, but Harris Village was still dark. Cale looked down toward his feet to see that there were still black ashes on the ground.

He then looked back forward and heard the Vice Captain’s bitter voice.

“Everything burned down.” Vice Captain Hilsman mumbles bitterly

Cale turned around to look at Vice Captain Hilsman.

“Where did they say the graves were?”

“I will go find out right away, Young lady!”

It had been a while since Cale had seen Vice Captain Hilsman being so calm, but it wasn’t Hilsman’s fault.

A large stone wall. Harris Village, The village located outside of that wall heading into the Forest of Darkness, was no more. All that was left was the crumbling ruins of houses and dark ashes that served as signs that something once existed in this location.

- I feel a strong sensation of fire here.

'Oh.. She can also use telepathy..?' Cale mumbles

“You can feel something like that?”

- I am from a tribe of the sea after all.

Witira lightly responded, but then she seemed to get emotional. However, Cale did not have time to pay attention to her. He headed over to the Wolf children who did not seem to be able to get off the carriage.

“Maes.”

“M-Miss Priestess...!”

'I did not expect the miss to be this beautiful!' Maes mumbles to himself as he look way..

Maes then look around to see the village.. He felt sad.

The eldest Wolf, Maes, was stiff after seeing the remains of the village in front of him. Cale was pretty sure that they were currently thinking of their hometown.

“Do you know why I brought all of you here?”

Maes could not answer Cale’s question. Cale had not told him why he brought all of them. Maes looked toward Cale with uncertainty. The young master that Lock told them to serve leisurely started to speak with his arms crossed.

“A lot of money is about to fall into my hands.”

“E-Excuse me?”

The sudden talk about money confused Maes and the Wolf children. Cale just continued to speak without care. If he made the Magic Tower and the Queen of the Jungle his allies, He would have a ton of money after the god of death gives him his reward. He was also going to bring the rights to a peaceful sea route to the Henituse's territory.

“And I plan on using some of that money to rebuild this village.”

The term, ‘village,’ caught the children’s attention.