Ep. 10: Nejire and Sports Festival Preparation

________________________________________________________________________________

Ep. 10: Nejire and Sports Festival Preparation

(Edit: Authors Note: hi, just want to say before I publish this, thanks for 14k and all of the constant support on this book that I barely update, and hardly try that much on, but thank y'all fr)

________________________________________________________________________________

With every ounce of confidence in your body, you slowly marched toward the bluenette, who'd been too engrossed in her phone watching Tiktoks to notice you approaching her.

[F/N] stopped just a few inches away from the girl, who had yet to notice him- much less acknowledge his existence; not that she'd noticed him anyway. He cleared his throat, "Uh, hey." Awkwardly greeted the [E/C] boy, his eyes sparkling under the imaginary moonlight hung above his head, beaming down upon him.

The bluenette looked up from her phone screen and noticed you towering above her, Nejire's eyes searching to find your own, eyes meeting- hers widening in recognition. "You're the plain-looking boy who fought that weird, bird creature, and lost horribly!"

[F/N] was immediately taken aback by the girl's bluntness, twiddling his thumbs as he shyly replied. "Well I mean, the others got beat up way worse...I actually kind of got a few hits in at the very least so..."

The author, Preposterous and the audience collectively facepalmed, the reader showcasing a distinct lack of game; as the now dubbed "plain boy" stumbled over his words, which the girl giggled at.

"I just have one teeny-tiny little question!" Exclaimed the girl- and what followed was quite possibly the dumbest idea you've had yet. You replied and said, "What's your question?"

A simple question like that caused the downfall of humanity.

Okay maybe that was an over-exaggeration, but it was the downfall of not only his brain, but his eardrums as well.

"How did you know how to escape the flood zone? Were you scared? Huh? How did punching that bird thing feel?- bet you broke your hand, huh? From hitting all that muscle? How was it almost dying? Do you have PTSD? 'ya gonna have to see the school counselor for that? Hows it feels to have PTSD already? Probably one of the only high schoolers with PTSD here.."

She finally came to a close with her words as she allowed [F/N] to process her words, catching her breath after blurting out words faster than even Eniminem could dream of doing.

[f/n] blinked for a few moments, then said, "I'm gonna be honest. I have absolutely no idea what you just said."

She let out a fake gasp of offense, recoiling backward, but quickly recovering, waving him off. "Yeah, yeah! Everyone says that you know- but I don't think I'm even that bad!"

"I'm pretty sure you are- but I'm into it." Yeah, that was the worst attempt at flirting-- in the history of flirting.

She stepped forward toward you, placing her hands on her hips, her face an inch away from your own. "Hm? Are you flirting with me?"

"There's a strong possibility that I am."

She held back laughter, saying in between chuckles- "That was the worst attempt at flirting I've ever seen."

"Hey, you miss every shot that you don't take." stated [F/N] proudly.

"Is that really how that quote goes?" Asked the girl curiously.