Marriage

Jediah

Jediah

I cannot believe I'm doing this shit.

I'm driving to a pier nearby to have lunch with Hailey and her family. They never usually want to meet up but they said it's urgent.

It's a Saturday so I haven't seen Elyria since yesterday in class. She practically ran out the room after the lesson ended.

Miss Maye, or should I say Laura, wanted to speak with me outside the class about the new student and his behaviour. She told me that I shouldn't of accepted the transfer request but the kid would've been kicked out of school otherwise.

And as much as I hate having him disrupting my class, I don't want to give up on him yet. I'll encourage him to do work and if he fails to do so then I'll let him get expelled.

However him flirting with Elyria needs to stop. While she was looking away, he flirted with 3 other girls during the hour.

But still, he's flirting with what's mine.

As I arrived at the pier I saw the people I hate most. The people I'm forced to be around.

Here goes nothing.

"Ah Jediah, glad you could make it." Penelope says with a big, yet fake, smile plastered on her face.

"I didn't have a choice."

"Don't be like that son." Jack rolls his eyes.

"Jeddy!"

Ollie is the one person in this family I actually enjoy being around. Penelope and Jack adopted him when he was 1, he's now 5. He's small with light brown hair and dark blue eyes. He's adorable, there's no denying that.

It's not his fault that his family are a bunch of pricks.

"Hey" i scruff his hair making it look messy, he lets out a giggle before showing me the teddy in his hand. "Wow! Is this your new friend?"

"Yes, mama got him for me today." His smile could make anyone smile, the small dimples making him even cuter. I'm not great with kids, I hardly know a thing about them, but Ollie is easy to get a long with. I've never seen him have a tantrum, not once.

Once we all sat back down at a cafe right beside the pier, I made sure that Ollie was off playing and distracted. "Ok why am i here?"

"We wanted to spend time with you-"

"Cut the crap."

"Fine. We've been talking to a few friends and their daughters are already married with children. We think it's best our daughter gets the same."

Uh- don't say it. I beg.

"So Jack and I have planned it all out."

"Planned what out?"

"Your wedding."

"WHAT" both Hailey and I shout. Hers sounded more of a happy shock, mine was 'I want to die' shock.

"We've worked it all out, you'll get married in a few months and then have your first baby by next year latest."

Please tell me she's fucking kidding. I swear to actual god.

You may me wondering why i was forced into this in the first place. Yes, my mum and Penelope are...were friends. Before she passed away.

My mum had gotten cancer a while back and even after treatments and chemo, she didn't get any better. She adored both Hailey and I together.

She adored the image of it anyway.

My mum saw us as a perfect couple, only did i  realise that Hailey and i are nothing alike.  Her last wish before dying was that I ask Hailey to be my girlfriend.

I tried so hard getting out of it but considering her last words were "Please make me happy and ask her." I couldn't really say no.

No one understands how hard those type of situations are, people will often say 'it doesn't matter, she would understand' but when it comes to the time of it, we all react the same.

We all try our best to fufill their last wish.

And I was no different , I did the same because I felt as if I was obligated to. Forced to.

I spent so long being miserable with her, arguing with her parents etc just so I can stay away from them. So we made a deal to meet once a month which was the closest I could get to being free.

But now everything has changed.

I will no longer be someone's boyfriend, but a husband. A dad. But with someone I don't love.

Can I do this? Can I force myself to be miserable. Surely my mum wouldn't want me to be unhappy for the rest of my life. She would've adored Elyria, even more than Hailey.

"No." Is all I'm able to say, seeing all of their smiles drop. Anger swirled around in Penelope's eyes.  Jack wasn't in control of this, his wife controls him. Controls everything.

"Don't start. You will do this. For your mother."

I stood up, slamming my fists onto the table. Making everyone around us flinch. "Keep her name out of your disgusting mouth!"

"Why should I? This is what she wanted! You need to follow her last which."

"Or else what?"

"Or else you'll be a failure of a son. You would've failed her."

I'd be lying if I said hearing those words didn't hurt. Because they did, much more than I can let on. "I can't do this right now." I mutter before blinking away the tears and running to my car. I heard Ollie crying but I couldn't go back and comfort him, as much as I wanted to.

I need to get drunk. I need to escape.

It's my birthday 🎉

Happy birthday to me I guess haha.

If you enjoyed this chapter vote comment and if you want to read future stories follow <333