02 | mind-control

CHAPTER TWO
mind-control

CHAPTER TWOmind-control

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・✧

Azalea pulled into Starcourt Mall blasting Fleetwood Mac in her dad's old beat-up car.

She was a little peeved at Dustin's friends for ditching him yesterday—he was pretty upset. So he refused to invite them to come to the mall today. Azalea knew Steve would let him hang at Scoops with him all day, but she still felt bad leaving him.

Dustin was nearly bouncing in his seat in excitement, "Walk me in?"

"Does the old and mature Dustin, with a girlfriend, still needs a babysitter?" She teased.

Dustin glared playfully, "No. But the older and annoying Azalea enjoys spending time with me anyway."

"Fair. But I can't stay longer than 10 minutes."

Azalea pulled a t-shirt out of the back of her car and tucked it into her shorts to cover her lifeguard bathing suit.

Dustin stared in awe at all the stores within the mall. He almost stopped at a game store, but he was itching with anticipation to see Steve.

Dustin pulled Azalea quickly by the hand once he spotted Scoops Ahoy.

As they entered the store, Azalea was struck with a bit of eagerness seeing Robin at the front counter.

"Azalea!" Robin greeted when they reached the front. She teased, a mischievous look in her eyes, "Back again so soon?"

"Only for you," Azalea shot back quickly with a smirk.

Robin's ears turned a bit pink as she smiled sweetly, unsure of what to say next.

Suddenly Azalea was rethinking the whole interaction.

That sounded like she was flirting. We're they flirting? No, if anything, it was friendly, play flirting. Like friends.

Move on, move on, move on.

"I'm actually just dropping this dork off at the mall." She said, gesturing to Dustin behind her.

Dustin then approached the counter, "Hi."

"Hi." Robin replied bluntly.

"I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you." He told her. He then peered around the store, "Uh, is...is he here?"

"Is who here?"

The question was soon answered by Steve Harrington bursting through the back door with a broad smile on her face.

"Henderson. Henderson!" He exclaimed, coming from behind the counter, "He's back! He's back!"