Naib🥊

It was a rainy day outside, which meant everyone in the manor had to stay indoors with each other.

You knew that these days were difficult for a certain rescuer- and went to go visit him.

Instead of knocking on his door you called out to your lover softly. "Naib, can I come in please?"

There was a thick silence for a moment, before a quiet 'Yeah' reached your ears.

Opening the door slowly, you were greeted to the sight of Naib sitting on his bed, looking down.

He did not lift your head as you came closer, and only stared at the floor as you sat next to him.

You made no move to touch him yet. "Is it one of those days, Naib?" You asked with a soft voice.

He nodded his head slowly curling a bit into himself. "...Mhm." He replied slightly above a whisper.

You brought your hand close to him in case he wanted to hold it."We'll get through this together."

He responded only by hesitantly holding your hand, before trembling a bit and squeezing it.

"-Can I hold you for a bit?" He asked quietly, his grip on your hand still tight. "Of course."

You let Naib wrap his arms around you, and in return you slid an arm on his back and rubbed him.

Naib was beyond thankful for your help when days like this happened- and held you closer to him.

"Any better?" You mumbled to him, tracing slow circles onto the mercenary's back.

He responded by resting his chin on your shoulder. "This is helpful..." Naib said, calming down.

You smiled, feeling warm in his embrace. "Remember that you're not alone, Naib- I'm here for you."

He tightened the hold at your words- not out of anger, but out of silent appreciation of you.

You could tell that he was thankful by his actions. "Want anything else besides holding me?"

"...Can you hum for me?"He asked quietly, loosening the hug a tiny bit for your comfort. You nodded.

You weren't extremely good at singing,but Naib thought that your voice was beautiful beyond words.

You began to hum a peaceful song, letting Naib hear you instead of the triggering thunder.

The further you hummed the more the mercenary relaxed, showing your effect on him.

You could feel a few tears slip onto your shoulder, but knew it was something Naib needed to do.

These were the times he felt so loved by you- and he held them so close in his heart.

You two continued to be in eachother's arms for the rainy day, as you hummed and gave Naib peace.

And, for the next day? Naib was prepared to cook and tend to your own needs. You deserved it.

Needless to say, you two were happy this way. And, that's all that matters.

-End.