Happiness

Next Day, In The Morning

Excitedly, you put on one of the outfits he'd bought you & applied your makeup carefully. Then, after you were done, you knocked on Nischay's door.
"Yes?" He opened the door after a few knocks, looking incredibly handsome even though he was still in his pajamas.
"Morning. Do you have anything to do today?" You couldn't contain your excitement & grinned at him.
"Uhmm.. Actually.. Well, nothing much. Why?"
"Do you want to go somewhere with me?"
"Depends. Is it Park again? I don't want to eat those ice creams again. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke." He said as he made a face.
"Hahaha! No! Don't worry, I'm not going to torture you this time. I promise you'll love it."
"In that case, ok then. Wait for me, I'll be ready in 10 minutes."

"This is where you're taking me?" Nischay drew a sharp breath as both of you walked into the room

"Yeah, I've been wanting to come here but I haven't gotten the chance."
"Well can I know the reason now?"He asked you
"I would have already told you that I was working on a new game. So yeah after a long time it's finally done and here it is."
"Oh, that's nice but is this gaming studio yours?"
"N-Nooo... it's not mine. It's only for a day and only for you." you said while blushing.
"O-Only for me..." He said while looking straight into your eyes.
Then you started explaining things to him, just to break that awkward silence between both of you.

After 9 hours

"Wow this is just too gooood," he said with a big smile.
"Thank you for appreciating," you said
"I can bet that this will be a recording-breaking game of all time."
"I wish for good."
"Ok then now lets us go somewhere"
"I am kind of hungry let's go to a cafe."
"Nice idea! Let's go! But before that let me take one copy of this game"

"Nice choice this is one of my favourite cafes" He smiled"Ok then have a seat and tell me what you want to eat

"Ok then have a seat and tell me what you want to eat."
"Only one cold coffee."
"Alright!" Then you moved towards the menu side. Meanwhile, he was playing your game again

You smiled happily, knowing that today you'd brought him to the right place. As you turned around with two cups of coffee in your hands, you realized your original seat was occupied by a pretty girl with a little chihuahua on her lap. She was talking to Nischay & you could hear what she said when you got closer to them. "Hey, are you here alone? That's an interesting game you have there." She pointed at the Video game.
"It's not mine."Nischay replied coldly.
"Ah, I see. You're so handsome, are you a model? I work as a freelance model but I don't think I've ever seen your face before." She batted her eyelashes flirtatiously at him.
Noticing that you were back, Nischay sharply said to the girl, "Sorry, that seat is occupied. Can you please move?"
"You're here with your friend?" She turned sideways & found you standing beside her.
"Sorry, but that's my seat." You calmly smiled at her.
"Heol.. don't tell me that she's your gf? Do you prefer a fat & ugly girl like her over me? Pfftt.. ridiculous." She scoffed as she looked at you up & down.

You tried to not take her words to heart but you couldn't help it & it showed on your face. Nischay saw the change of expression on your face & readily stood up.

"If you dare to insult my wife one more time, I'll make sure you won't be able to work as a model anymore." He muttered to the girl in a low voice.
"Psshh.. y-you're crazy. Let's go Tinkerbell." She grabbed her dog & walked away.
"I'm sorry that you had to listen to that." Nischay said apologetically.
"I- I'm fine." Your heart was pounding, not because of what that girl said, but because of what Nischay said. Wife? He admits that I'm his wife?

"Thank you for today. I really had fun." Nischay smiled at you as both of you walked up the stairs to the front door.
"You're welcome. I had fun too." You shyly replied, the word 'wife' still lingered on your mind. Nischay turned the knob & pushed the door open.
"Huh? How come the light's on?" He asked in confusion. Then, you saw a complete stranger, sitting down on the sofa, reading something on his phone. 

"Who is he?" you whispered in Nischay's ear
"My friend" he answered

"Oh Hello." You bowed at him, surprised that he visited both of you without any prior announcement.
"Nischay, where have you been? Why didn't you come to the meeting with Mr SP Kumar today?" Nischay's friend lowered his glasses & sternly said to Nischay.
"I had something more important to do." He answered without looking at his friend.
What was more important than the merger meeting with Mr SP Kumar? A date with your wife? Y/n," his friend turned his focus on you & scolded you.
"No Noooo. I didn't-"You immediately bowed at him, you were completely clueless that Nischay had cancelled an important meeting just to go with you to the gaming cafe.
"It's my fault, not hers. She didn't know." Nischay said as he pulled you behind him. You were touched by Nischay's protective action, even though you could handle the situation & didn't mind the scolding.
"Huhhh... Fine, I'll forgive you this time," his friend sighed, "but tomorrow you have to go to Mr Aush's cabin & apologize to Mr SP in person for bailing on him today. You need to come too Y/n."
"M-me? B-but I-" You glanced nervously at Nischay
"We'll be there." Nischay readily agreed.
"Alright then. Good night." Nischay's friend rose from his seat & walked towards the exit. 

Awkward silence enveloped you & Nischay. Both of you were still embarrassed by Nischay's friend's remark earlier.
"I"
"It's-"You said almost at the same time.
"You go first." Nischay said while still averting his gaze.
"Oh. I was gonna say, it's getting late, I'll go back to my room now." You didn't dare to look at him either, afraid you were going to blush even further.
}"Ah ok. I should get going too. Ehmm.. Good night." He abruptly turned around & walked briskly back to his room. You couldn't hold back your smile anymore as you closed your room door behind you. Your heart felt so warm & fuzzy.
Wife.. Husband.. "Aaaaaa!" You hugged your pillow tight & muffled your scream with it.
Nischay Malhan,
I'm really falling for you now.