05 - Blank Space

You chatted some more about random things until the waitress placed a black coffee infront of Bucky and a decaf plus a piece of cake in front of you.

"Oh- I didn't order cake-"

"I- I ordered you cake.. I thought you might be hungry if you dispense on your real coffee.."

The waitress smiled and walked away.

You looked down at the cake and your eyes brimmed with tears.

"It's chocolate.." you whispered.

"Don't you like chocolate? I- can order you another one-"

"I love chocolate!!" You choked out, overwhelmed with your feelings due to the pregnancy.

"Are you sure? It's no problem to order another-"

You stabbed your fork into the cake and ate a piece.

"OH MY- god.."

Bucky looked at you utterly confused and felt helpless, with your mix of emotions.

"Is- is it not good..?"

"THAT'S THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE I'VE EVER HAD!!" You smiled brightly.

You got another piece on your fork and gestured it infront of Bucky's face.

"You HAVE to try."

"Oh- I'm okay" he declined politely.

"Do you really want to reject the wish of a pregnant women?" You looked at him in all seriousness, you could pull together.

"No ma'am" he replied and ate the bite off your fork, not wanting to mess with you.

"Aaand?" You beamed, looking at him hopefully.

"It's okay.." he shrugged.

"OKAY? Just okay?!
This is the best chocolate cake ever!!"

"Well I can make better."

"YOU CAN MAKE CHOCOLATE CAKE?!!"

"Uhm.. yeah..?"

"You have to make me one, one day.. pleaseeee???"

"If that will get you to smile like that again. I will" that feeling returned in his stomach again as he smiled at you.

"Yayy, time for another N@ked Truth though.
What makes you truly happy?" You ask him.

"Sitting here with you."

You looked at him with a huge smile, about to cry again.

"You're a real charmer, aren't you?"

"Guess it's my 40's charm" he laughs and goes trough his hair with his hand.

"Tell me, what was it like in the 40's.
What were you like back then?" You smirked.

"Well, I used to take care of my sister Rebecca a lot... and Steve and I were like brothers. The three of us would go out dancing a lot. Before all that Captain America stuff happened, I was quite the ladies man, I guess.. but after Steve got the Serum I was almost invisible.
That didn't stop me from protecting him though. I mean it wasn't as it used to be.. but you know he would always find himself behind a corner in a fight and I would be there to pull him out.
He wanted to enlist so bad.. but.. physically wasn't made for it before the serum..
I really miss him.."
His eyes were glowing full of happiness as he talked about his former best friend.
But there was also a fade of sadness.

"I think you're still quite the ladies man" you smirked.

"Just to you" he laughed.

"I'm really glad we met, James" you blushed.