29 - bury a friend

"My fiancé is gonna come for you!" You warned the man not to step closer to you.
"I don't think so since he asked me to come save you." The man chuckled a little.

"Who- are you..?"
The man pulled off his mask a little and smiled at you.
"Matt..?!"
"Shhhh!!!" He handed you a knife so that you could free yourself.
"I- I am sorry- I- thought you were blind- you're-"
"I'm not just a lawyer but daredevil yes. Enough with this now. We don't have much time."
Suddenly your head starts spinning.
"Mmatt..?"
"No more questions until I got you out-"
"I- idontfeelsogoo-"
You were about to hit the ground passing out but Matt somehow catched you in time.
"You're okay. I got you.."

The next time you opened your eyes you woke up in a hospital bed. Your eyes fill with tears.
Until they land on the door which was opening just now.

In walks Wanda with Alice in her arms.
She is giggling with Alice till her eyes meet yours relieved.
"Y/N! Look Alice mommy's awake!!"
"Al-ice..? Wanda?" The tears now falling freely and your head spinning with thoughts.

What just happened? How did you get here?

Wanda gently handed you Alice and you immediately cuddle her in your chest.
"Where's James?" You asked Wanda.
Him being the first thing coming to your mind.

"He'll be here soon.." She offered you a small smile. "You've been asleep for almost 48 hours.. He's in his final trial right now but chances are pretty good."

"I- I have to go to him. I have to be there for him-" you tried to get up but winced in pain.
"Y/n, you have to rest you-"

You looked around the room, the wheels in your head turning more and more.
"What- happened? How did I get here? Where are the men- they are after Bucky! We- we have to" You begin to hyperventilate and Wanda was quickly sat by your side holding your hand in hers to calm you down.
"Shhh.. I'll explain everything okay?"

"Please! Because- this- this makes no sense!"
"We knew that hydra was recruiting-"
"We? As in Bucky? He- he would've- he- no"
"We as in Sam and I.. we didn't tell Bucky-"
"Why would you hide something like that from him? You know what they did to him!-"
You argued back at her furious.

"Let me finish please y/n.."
You didn't say anything and just stared at her.
"In order to deal with them- we infiltrated a secret S.H.I.E.L.D agent into their facility."
"Who would voluntarily work for them?!"
"His name is Wade Wilson."
"The- guy with Sharon? But- they kissed?!"

"He was undercover y/n he had to play his role."
"He tortured me!!" You yelled angrily and frustrated.
"I'm sorry y/n. We never intended to get you caught up in this-"
"Does Bucky know about this?"

"yes.."
"I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY DAUGHTER!"
"Y/n- please understand that-"
"Get out."
"Please let me explain-"
"I SAID GET OUT!"
"Don't you want to hear the rest of the story..?"
"You're a bitch." You spitted into her face as the tears rush down your face.

"Wade- had to play his part.. He had no choice y/n or else he would've gotten killed. He didn't know who you were but Bucky saw the crashed car on the news and got Matt to save you-"

"HE KNEW WHO I WAS! You knew about all this and didn't even fucking tell Bucky!"

"Y/N WE HAD NO CHANCE! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU AND BUCKY!"
Wanda now snapped at you and you closed your mouth shut shocked.

"Get the fuck out and never cross mine or Alice or hell even Bucky's path again or you'll regret it."
"I- I am sorry- you- you're my best friend- please- it's just the world was at risk and-"
"GET OUT!"
Just then the door flung open.

Your head snapped to the door and you let out a relieved breath when your eyes met Bucky's.

He weakly smiled at you until his eyes met Wanda's and his face wrinkles angrily.
"You knew the condition, Wanda. She's awake now. Now get the fuck out of our life."
"Bucky please you guys are the only family I have left-"

"That's not my problem." Bucky answered coldly but your brows knitted together confused.
"You still got Pietro."
She looked at you hurt until a loud sob leaves her lips and she ran out of the room.

"Sharon killed her brother.." Bucky looked down walking closer to your bed.
"Oh.."
As soon as Bucky reached your side he fell to his knees crying.
Your mouth opened shocked.

"Babe..?"
"You're alive" He chocked out grasping your hand in his and kissing the back of it.
"Of course I'm alive. I got a family to be strong for.." You offered him a weak smile.
"I missed you so much" He cried out and you moved over a little on your bed
"I missed you more" You patted the spot next to you and he quickly got in bed with you, holding you and Alice.

"You're out of jail.." You spoke after a minute of just holding each other.
"Yeah .. I got a pretty good pair of lawyers.. but- I couldn't save you- I- wasn't there for you-"
"But you send the right people to save me" you kissed him on the cheek.

"I love you so much y/n- the- the past two days without you were hell.. I- was so scared that you wouldn't wake up.."
"I'm right here my love.."

"I'm- sorry that.. your friends.. betrayed you.."
"I got you.. and Alice.. and Winnie.. that's what matters." The tears still rolling down his cheeks.
You moved to kiss a few away.
"And you will always have us.."
You two stayed silence for a few minutes.

"James?"
"Yeah..?"
"What did you mean with conditions earlier..?"
"You were asleep and I was in jail.. there.. wasn't really someone to look after our baby.. I made a deal with Wanda that if she would take care of her for the time being that I'd consider the chance of forgiving them. But also that as soon as you would wake or I get out of jail that she and Sam would leave our life without another word until we decide to let them in again... I- was afraid to trust her with Alice but- somewhere deep down I knew that all this wasn't completely her fault and I just wanted the best for our daughter.. please don't be mad at me..? I- didn't know what to do.."

"I could never be mad at you. Especially not for making sure that our girl is okay.. I do have another question though..."
"I'll tell you everything I can"
"How- did the trial go..? How did you get out so quickly..?"

"Right.." He chuckled a bit which confuses you even more.
"I got- really good news.. I guess" He sat up, looking into your eyes with a small grin.
"You're making me overthink. Just tell me already."

"Sharon is in jail. While saving you, Matt found the evidence that she was behind the murderer in the base."
"That's great! But- That's not fully the reason why you're smiling like this, is it?"

"John is dead. He- raced away from the cops and crashed his car.."
"He- he's dead?" You cried out as relief washed over you.
Bucky nodded still smiling heavily.
"Wait- that- that also means-"
"That you're no longer married" He finished your sentence still smiling like the biggest idiot.

"And- and you still want to marry me..?" You felt a little insecure all of a sudden.
"Hell I'd marry you right now if I could y/n. You're everything to me, doll."
You bite your bottom lip, thinking.
"Can.. can we..?"

He looked at you confused.
"Get.. married right now..?"
"Wait- are you for real?"
You nodded excited.

"But your dream wedding plans-"
"I want you James. Forever. As long as I get to marry you the rest doesn't matter to me."
"Okay"
"Okay?"
"Okay." He smiled heavily.
"Okay." You grinned at him as your cheeks flush.