11 - raindrops keep fallin'

Bucky checked his phone to see Sam's message

You watched some movies for the rest of the day until you yawned.

"Do you wanna stay the night?" Bucky asked immediately regretting the offer.

You immediately sensed his discomfort.

"No it's fine. I'm just gonna call a cab"

"No.. I-.. you can stay here its just.. uhm.. I don't really have.. a bed.."

You looked at him confused.

"I.. uhm.. have a mattress.. but I usually sleep on the floor because .. it's too soft.. and uhm.."

"I understand.. nothing to be ashamed off.
I would never judge you"

He looked up at you, seeing you smile at him and his lips curled into a small smile as well.

"You.. you can have my room. I'm just gonna sleep in the living room or Sam's room-"

"Don't be ridiculous. Nothing wrong with sleeping in the same room. We can share the mattress or you sleep on the floor. Whatever you are comfortable with."

"Are you sure?"

"Completely."

"y/n.. uhm.."

"It's just me. You can tell me"

"I.. have really bad.. nightmares.. what if I accidentally hurt you.."

"You won't. I am sure of it. And if you have a nightmare I will be there for you. Okay?"

Harsh breathing and rumbling pulled you out of your sleep. Your eyes opened and you looked to your left.

Bucky was shaking and cramping laying on the floor. His shirt was drenched in sweat and tears were leaking his closed eyes.

"James?" You carefully asked.

He was mumbling words unable to understand.
The sight in front of you broke your heart.
All this time he was there for you yet you felt so helpless when he needed you.

"James? Wake up please.." you said a bit louder.

He was still asleep and shaking.

You read somewhere that you shouldn't touch people when they are having a nightmare so you did the only thing that seemed reasonable at that time.

You took the glas of water sitting next to you and emptied it on his face.

His eyes shot open and he sat up hecticly.

"It's okay. It was just a nightmare. I am here. You're safe James."

Bucky searched the room scared until his eyes met yours.

"I'm here. It's okay.." you carefully reached for his hand and he let you hold it.

"You- you.. you're okay..?" He cried out.
You looked at him confused as to you should be the one asking him that question.