18 - I need you

The next morning it was time to finally go home.
Your bag was already packed.
The doctor did a last check up on you and Alice and Sam and Wanda already waited in the car outside.

"Ready?" Bucky smiled at you, holding Alice in one arm and your bag strapped over the other.

"yeah..."

"Everything okay, love?" He walked to your side grabbing your hand while you two were walking out.

"Yes.. it's just scary.."

He stopped and turned to look at you.
"What is?"

"All this is gonna be very real very soon.." you bit the inside of your cheek anxious.

Bucky's face dropped worried.
"Doll.. if you want to change your mind at any time.. I.. I will absolutely respect that-"

"No no no! That's not what I meant-"

"I don't have to come home with you guys if you're not ready for that y/n-"

He was still ranting until you held his hand closer and stopped him.
"James."

His eyes were blurring up and he starred at you with his mouth still open.

"I love you James" you reassured him.
A single tear rolled down his cheek and you quickly wiped it away with your finger, planting a kiss on his lips.

"Let's go home" you smiled at him.

"But- but you're scared and- and I don't know why and-"

"I am scared because all this.. is all new and.. scary.. but you are the only one I want to go trough this with. You're the one for me Jamie"
You kissed his cheek as you reached the car.

Sam and Wanda got out and pulled you both into a hug and greet Alice with a big smile.

Bucky opened the door and then turned to look at Sam disappointed.

"What?" He looked back at him confused.

"You had one job, Sam."

"What is it- OH SHIT!"

"What's wrong?" You looked at Wanda and then the boys.

"Our dear friend Sam forgot the baby seat."

"Shit!" Wanda cursed now too.

You just begun to laugh and everyone looked at you confused.
"It's fine guys"

"They forgot the baby-" Bucky tried to explain again, not understanding how you could be so calm.

"We can hold her for the ride, it's totally fine"

"But-"

"I am so sorry y/n!" Sam tried to apologize.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go home"
You chuckled, shaking your head and taking Alice out of Bucky's arms, then getting into the backseat.

Bucky was stood behind speechless.
It took him a moment before he stored the bag in the trunk and then got in beside you.

His head turned to look at you.
You smiled at him and rested your head on his shoulder, holding Alice in your arms.

"I'm so sorry.. I know you pictured your way back home from the hospital differently-"

"This is perfect. I wouldn't want it any other way"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. I have you by my side." You bit your bottom lip, smiling and looking up at him.