The promise to his uncle.

I was lying in bed for another two weeks. The wounds from burns began to heal, leaving only scars. While I was recovering, I thought about the words of this stranger.

What did he look under "see you, Mira"? Do I know him or not? For some reason, when he held me by the shoulders there was a familiar feeling of deja vu. Does he really know something about me? It did not get out of my head.

When I completely recovered, I thought it was time. It's time to find answers to my questions. I knew that I would have to leave the house that was not at all that my family, but it would be better. I'll leave tonight.

When the night came, I collected things, dressed and got out through the window. Trying not to make noise, I went towards the forest. The path through the forest will be long, but I have no particular choice. As soon as I wanted to enter the forest, I was stopped by a voice.

- Do you leave and do not even say goodbye to your beloved uncle?

I turned towards my voice. Uncle Luigi stood there. Damn I hit the big one. I began to quickly think about how to escape from my uncle's Nativity, but I never came up with anything. I nervously ran my eyes on the ground, unable to look into my uncle's eyes. I was ashamed that I did not finish him. I knew that he would start scolding me so I just stood there and began to wait for my fate.

I heard approaching steps. I had no way out. The steps stopped near me. Fear swept me. I closed my eyes and began to wait for punishment.

But nothing happened. It was quiet. Then I felt the hands of my uncle wanders around me. I realized that they hug me, so I hugged him in response. We staying so for some time and then pulled away from each other.

- I understand that you need to go to look for a father and I will not stop you, just ...

He looked at me with a slight splendor of pride and understanding in his eyes. In the corners of the eyes, tears were cleared.

- ... just be careful, okay?

I nodded my head. With a gesture, Uncle Luigi asked me to sit down that I did. I felt fabric on my shoulders. It was a red scrap with golden patterns, with a hood and on the back of the mushroom. On his chest, he fastened with a gold brooch with a red stone inside. I realized that Uncle Luigi lets me go and that he would warm me from my mother's wrath.

- I'll be back. I will return with my father and then we can rest with a calm soul. I promise this to you Uncle Luigi. I swear with all my heart that I will return my father alive and not harmful. I promise.

Hugging the last time I turned towards the forest, taking a deep breath, I went straight. I saw my uncle forgive me. There was no need to understand how much he was saddened by the fact that I was leaving.

My heart fell ill from this scene. With a stone on my heart, I continued my way.