chromaticity | miyama kei

» kei miyama has seen colors all his life, yet he saw the prettiest colors when he heard your sound.

___

in the eighteen years kei miyama has lived, he's seen colors far more than a normal human would; in far stranger places and circumstances than a normal human would.

the sound of his pencil scratching against the teeth of the paper was gray. the sound of the rain pouring was pale blue. the sound of an outdoor summer concert was a vivid and striking yellow- sometimes too vivid it hurts his eyes.

and that's why kei suddenly shielded his eyes away from the audience, from his unit mates, from everyone else.

"you okay?" toma was the first one to whisper to kei, seeing he was beside kei. the latter silently nodded, to which the former noted was odd. this was kei, he's not exactly the type to stay silent when something goes wrong.

these colors didn't bother kei before, yet why? why are they troubling him all of a sudden?

when VISTY exited the stage, kei massaged his temple using his fingers, applying pressure to the sides of his head in an attempt to get rid of the pounding headache invading his headspace.

"thanks for your hardwork today!" shogo cheered, "it's our best performance yet." he added.

"i-i think so too as well." aoi panted, wiping the sweat off of their forehead.

"should i post a groufie? how many likes will that get?" kantaro asked to no one in particular as he scrolled through his phone. this question, however was left unanswered as each of the member already took off to do their own thing, presumably.

"kei, what's up?" toma asked, running over to catch up with kei who excused himself earlier to get some rest as he wasn't feeling the best.

"it's... nothing, really." kei smiled as to reassure his unit mate that he was fine.

"are you sure? you rarely miss a beat when performing..." asked toma.

"i will make sure i won't fall out of step next time, so you don't have to worry again, toma." kei reassured yet again.

"you know i don't mean it like that..." toma frowned.

"you won't believe it anyway," kei muttered under his breath.

"you can tell me anything, you know!" toma added.

"is everything alright?" shogo asked as he walked pass the two.

"yes, i was just about to take a breather." kei hastily replied before taking his leave, leaving shogo and toma to look at each other and exchange worried glances.

to kei, everything had color- and not in a way you'd normally think so. the sky is blue and the grass is green, kei thinks so too; yet kei also thinks that the sound of a crowded street is a dirty, muddy brown, and that the sound of a door closing is a darker shade of purple.

kei had just become aware of his surroundings.

and that's why when he turned his attention back to the rap group performing on the side stage, his vision was bombarded with all the brightest colors, all the shimmer and shine where no amount of golds and silvers could outshine the sight as he heard the rapper's voice.

"there you are, kei!" kantaro exclaimed as he finally found the aforementioned man.

"do you know who that is?" kei asked, pertaining to the rap group.

"no idea!" kantaro said dismissively. "anyways, we should reallyyy go now~" he added, dragging kei with him.

and that was the first and last time kei saw something so phenomenal right before his eyes, just an inch away from his grasps.