Park

I just stared at Forth as he was on the phone with Pha. How the hell does he become so sappy around the person he likes?!
Hello, he's the Head hazer for a reason and he turns into putty with and around Pha.
Lam isn't any better either with his Posh. Sometimes, I am so baffled by these two idiots, I wonder why I am friends with them.
They generally have a good relationship with their partners but when they fight, you should see them. Both idiots behave like its the end of the world. Kill me if I am ever caught in this situation. Just then I saw Ming walk up. He was our junior and had the potential to be another head hazer and we wanted to groom him so we were always extra tough on him. But this fellow is another playboy too, he's worse than Forth and Beam combined.

I just rolled my eyes and went back to my game as Forth and Lam hung up on their respective partners and we all had lunch with Ming who joined us.

"P, aren't you eating?" I heard Ming ask me.
"Na, I am not hungry. Lam bought me a heavy breakfast earlier. So I'm quite done for now."
Ming nodded his head in acknowledgement and went back to his food. We all chatted amicably as lunch period rounded off. Since we were all done with classes for the day, Forth and Lam went off to pick up their boyfriends. I continued playing my game as it was raining heavily and I was in no mood to ride off. I didn't realise it until I looked up half hour later and realised Ming was still at the table.

"Aren't you going home Ming?"
"Ah no P, Kit wanted to go for a movie. So I am just waiting for him. But I think he is running late."
I nodded my head and continued my game. About 30 minutes later, the rain stopped so I decided to go off. I bade Ming goodbye and went off. I went home, took a nap. About 7pm, I woke up, showered and changed and went off to the bar to meet the boys. When I went there, around 9pm, I saw the boys with their respective boyfriends. I also saw Kit and Beam chatting away at the table merrily. I cocked my head thoughtfully, I thought Ming had a movie to watch with Kit? Maybe it ended and Kit decided to come. I looked around but couldn't see Ming. I then saw Yo and Wai and went over to them.

"You guys are alone? Come join us."
"Ah thank you P! OK!!"
"Where's your other friend? Ming?"
"OH, he said he isn't "well' P so he is at the field."
I looked at them all confused. But I didn't say anything and we just went to the hazers table. We all sat down and were chatting away when I heard Pha ask Kit on how the movie with Ming went.

"OH I didn't go in the end. I was busy and then I was too tired so I told Ming we shall cancel it. I went home to sleep instead." I heard Kit casually reply.

What the fuck?! I was abit pissed at his nonchalance. Ming looked like he was eagerly awaiting Kit and to think he got dismissed like that? It was none of my business but I admit it got me a bit pissed. But I decided to let it be. We all hung around and chatted and finally left at 1am. I was riding home when I bypassed the university. I remembered Yo's words about Ming being at some field. I wondered if he was referring to the school field. I decided to just pop by abit. I stopped and parked the bike nearest to the field and walked towards it.

And fuck my life, I saw Ming just jogging around the field. I looked at the time, it was 1.30am! What the.... I quickly jogged over and pulled Ming off to the side. I looked at his face which was all red from running. How long had he been running!!? But I also saw that his eyes were teary and red.

"Ming! It'd almost 2. What the hell are you doing here?!"
"Nothing much P. I couldn't sleep so thought I come run it off abit. I will be leaving shortly." Ming gasped his answer out. I just looked at him and then turned around. I walked off two steps when I turned and grabbed his hand. I dragged him along with his bag which was on the floor.
"P! What are you doi...."
"Shut up Ming. Not enough of running it off since 9pm?"
"P..."
"I said shut up."

To be fair to him, he shut up and I sent him to his dorm. It was the same as mine, just on different floors. I walked him to his room and made sure he got in and threatened him that I will be outside  to watch if he left. And if he did, he can be assured it will be the last of him. I stayed outside for about 10 more minutes before I left. I went back to my dorm, showered and laid in bed. Just then, my phone pinged.

"P.. May I sleep over at yours?" I just looked at Ming's text. I wasn't sure. I'm not even super close to him. Why should I even let him? But he is a junior. But its freaking 3am. He got his own fucking dorm. So many thoughts and yet I replied, "ok come.".

Minutes later, I heard a soft knock on my door. I opened the door for Ming who let himself in and just closed the door after me. I went back to my bed and Ming just slipped into the same bed. I just looked at him but I decided to let it go. But Ming did keep a respectful distance between us and I was grateful of that. We just dozed off shortly.

The next morning, I woke up and I found the side of the bed empty. But I heard noises coming from the kitchenette. I sat up, rubbing my eyes tiredly. Just then Ming's voice rang out, "P, I made breakfast. Its on the table ok? Thank you for letting me sleep over."

I looked at Ming who seemed abit better but for some reason, something was still off. "You ok Ming? All is good?"

Ming just nodded his head and replied he had to go but said he would see me in school later and he left. I just let him be and I got myself ready for class. Just as I was making my way to the food court, I heard Yo and Ming around the corner. Sue me, I know it's not right but I hung back and eavesdropped.

"Are you ok Ming? How long were you running yesterday?"
"I'm OK Yo. I just needed some time.."
"You know that Kit isn't worth it right? I feel like he is just stringing you.."
"Don't speak of him like that. He's prolly confused and needs time."
"Really? You been chasing him for 6 months now. He barely gives you his attention and when he does, he will get you to arrange dates but cancel them last minute. You waited for him for 3 hours yesterday!"
"Yo.."
"Don Yo me, Ming. Sometimes you need to treat yourself better so that others will treat you well. Stop letting Kit walk over you ans your feelings."
"Yo..."

I decided to walk away as I could hear their voices closer to me. So Ming waited for Kit for 3 hours yesterday. Wa, shag, that's just low. But it was really none of my business so I decided to go off. But for some reason, Ming stayed on my mind all day.