Park

I kept an eye on Ming the whole night subconsciously. I realize my eyes flitted to him more often than necessary. I also made sure he didn't drink too much. We all left around 2am. Just as we walked out, we all separated accordingly. Forth sent Pha home, Lam along with Posh decided to drop off Yo and Wai. Beam left with one of his flings for the night, leaving me, Ming and Kit. I told Ming I go bring the bike and send him home. He said OK and waited there. I came back to see him and Kit talking. I didn't go up to them but waited at my bike patiently. I observed Ming as he spoke to Kit. They had a short conversation before Kit went off. Ming turned and saw me. He jogged over to me.

"All OK?
"Yes P. All is OK."
I nodded my head and beckoned him to get on. It was a silent but peaceful ride home. Ming got off the bike and passed me the helmet.
"Thank you for the ride, P. Can I ask you something?"
"Sure Ming, what is it?"
"How come you don't ask me what went on with Kit?"
I smiled. "I don see the need to ask unless you feel like talking about it. Kit is your past as I see it. You seem like you are making an effort to move on. Why should we keep revisiting your past then?"

Ming stared at me for a bit before breaking out into a grateful smile. He told me he will wait for me whilst I parked the bike. I quickly parked the bike and jogged to the entrance where I found Ming waiting for me. I couldn't explain why but this gesture warmed my stupid heart a bit. Damn, Forth and Lam's cheesiness was rubbing off on me. I shook my head and joined Ming. I sent him off to his room.

"Good night Ming. See you on Monday?"
"Are you doing anything later P? Wanna go for lunch?"
"Sure, I don mind. See you around 1pm?"

Ming smiled at me and went into his room. I turned and walked off to my own, not realising a smile had overcome my own face too. Around 1pm later, I met Ming at the lobby. I reached the lobby only to see Ming arguing with a girl. I looked carefully and it was the same girl that Kit was with the other day. I quickly walked over only to hear the girl yell something about staying off her boyfriend and messing with him. I heard Ming retort he couldn't care less about Kit anymore and that he wasn't hitting on him but the girl seemed unconvinced. I saw her raise her hand towards him and that's when I saw red.

"Hey, keep your hands to yourself." I shouted. Ming turned around in shock. I strode over, nearly wanting to hit the girl myself but Ming pulled me back. I told her to fuck off and if I caught her harassing Ming again, she was dead in my hands. I was pissed at her. She stumbled back in fear and walked away. I stood there, fuming until I felt Ming's hands caressing my back softly. I looked over at him and realized I had probably jumped the gun abit.

"Ming, I didn't mean to. It's just that.." I stopped talking when Ming hugged me. I gasped softly. I felt a warm thrill through me and I was puzzled by this newfound feeling.

"Thank you P for this. I'm glad you stood up for me. Thank you. Whatever can I do to thank you?"
"Stop calling me P maybe? Call me by my name?"
Ming pulled away from me and looked at me. I felt my face get warmer. He was all red faced also.
"Thank you Park. For everything." This time, the blush that had been threatening, just erupted on my face full on. Ming's face was equally red too. Just then I heard someone call out to Ming.

"Ming!" We both turned around and saw Kit. He came over to us.

"I'm sorry about how Milk had acted towards you. I saw her crying and I asked what happened. She didn't want to tell me much but she told me Park wanted to hit her. I know P doesn't hit girls so for him to do that, I knew Milk must have done something wrong. That's when she confessed everything. I'm so sorry Ming. I'm sorry too P Park."

Ming accepted Kit's apology and said it was OK. I nodded my head at Kit who then took his leave. But before he left, he turned and looked at us.

"I wasn't ever sure if I was the right one for you Ming but for some reason, seems to me that Park is your missing piece."

With that, Kit left; leaving a red faced Ming and me in his wake.