Ming

Kit's departing remarks left me and Park completely embarrassed. I glanced discreetly at Park who looked mildly flustered by it. We decided to go for lunch but there was a bit of an awkwardness. We just settled down for lunch when this girl walked over to us.

"P Park! How have you been?"
"Hey, I been good. You? When did you arrive?"
"Just last night."
"Have you seen Mae and Por yet?"
"This coming weekend. Will you come too?"
"OK sure, I will come by."
"All rights, see you then! Take care P Park!"

I kept quiet watching this interaction. Its the first time I had seen Park talk to a girl so cheerfully and they must be close. Park looked over at me and just raised his eyes in confusion. I shook my head and just asked on who it was. He mentioned it was his younger cousin sister who had just come back for the holidays. She was studying in the US and was here for a break. I didn't say anything and just took in the information quietly but an unexplainable joy coursed through me when I realized they were just family.

We had a comfortable lunch and we chatted away about gaming and bikes. Once we were done, I asked Park if he had any plans.

"No plans for the day Ming. Why? I'm just gonna go back and game."
"OH. Okays Park. You have fun then. I'm gonna go meet Yo and Wai for a bit."
"OK stay safe. Have fun ok."

I nodded at Park and left. The past few days, having spent an awful load of time with Park, this separation felt off. I know we had our own plans but it just felt weird. I had reached the cafe when I reakized I really wanted to spend my time with Park but what reason could I find? I went in, met Yo and Wai and confessed to them I wanted to go back. They looked at me weirdly. For some reason, I sat down and just spewed everything on my mind. Yo chuckled at me. Both boys shooed me off, saying they knew what was happening and mentioned they would wait till it hit me too. I left the cafe but what reason was I to give to go see Park?

Just then my phone rang. I picked up without looking and I heard Park's voice.
"Hey, met the boys?"
"Er yea. I just got to the cafe. Why? Is everything OK?"
"Yes. I just wanted to make sure u got there safe. I should have offered to send you."
"Haha, it's ok. You don have to do that but thank you."
"OK then, I guess I see you around.."
"Park!"
"Yea?"
"Er. Are you.. what I wanted to say.."
"Is everything OK?"
"Can I come over? I don feel like being with Yo and Wai suddenly."
"Er sure. Can. Is everything OK?"
"Yes it is. I come over first k."

I took a cab back to the dorm. I went up to Park's room and knocked on the door softly. He opened it, shirtless and in a pair of sweats, his face slightly red and hair abit messy. I just stepped in and closed the door. I looked over at Park who was all confused at seeing me. I just hugged him.

"Park. I missed you. That's why. I found it weird that I had separate plans from you and I found myself wanting to be with you instead. So I came back."

Park pulled me away from him. He looked at me oddly. I couldn't explain the look on his face. He stepped and turned away from me. I just looked at his retreating back, wondering if I had just ruined anything with my honesty.

"Park.."
"Don't say anything else Ming.. just.. no."
"Are you upset with me?"
"I'm not. I'm just confused."
"Confused?"

Park kept quiet, not wanting to talk anymore. I kept quiet, not sure on what to say. He sat down, in front of his computer but not gaming. I sat down on his couch, just looking at the TV. Nothing was registering in our heads. We both sat down quietly, him eventually gaming. And I switched on the TV to watch. Though we didn't talk for the next 2 hours, I still felt very happy being around Park. I didn't know how he felt but I knew he made me happy. I only hope he doesn't hate me or anything.

Just then his phone rang. "Yea? I'm in my room gaming. Why?"
"OH. Na. I pass. I got plans after this."
"I'm going for dinner. A friend. Why do you ask so much? Put down the phone you idiot."
I chuckled quietly but kept my eyes on the TV. He hung up and I looked at him. Before I could ask, Park went "that was Forth. He wanted to meet for dinner but I decided not to."
"OH. Yes I heard your part of the convo. I'm sorry I didn't realise you had plans and came here. I leave soon ok."
"You are my plan." Park uttered it softly and just turned back to the computer. I smiled and just turned back to the TV.
"Do you want to game too?" I nodded my head and went over. I was about to pull over another chair when Park grabbed me and made me sit on his lap. He took off his headphones and put it on me.
"You can play abit. Let me watch." I didn't trust myself to say anything without squeaking like a mouse from the sudden intimate gesture and just nodded my head. Park held onto me tightly and watched me play, resting his face lightly against my left shoulder. I won that game and we both cheered, the awkwardness from earlier broken like a spell. I continued gaming a whilst more whilst Park just held onto me. We finally ended about an hour later.

I got off Park who kept away his gaming set. He turned around to me.
"Can I cook dinner for us?" Park looked at me, his ears tinged a tad red. He nodded and I went off into the kitchen. I hustled up whatever I could find. He came into the kitchen and I got him to help me. It was an enjoyable affair and we worked well together. As I was plating the dishes, he came over and put his hands around me.

"I missed you too. I was wondering on what reason to use to come see you whilst you were with the boys. So seeing you here unnerved me, for you had the courage I lacked. I miss you Ming and this is a new feeling to me. I just want to be around you constantly and its new to me. I need time to figure it out. Please be patient with me."

I just held onto Park's arms when I heard that, in response.