Park

I woke up the next morning, only to realise Ming was sleeping in my arms. I just turned gently to face him whilst he slept. I couldn't help but reach out to touch his hair and he moved abit. I quickly took away my hands and closed my eyes; pretending to sleep and a few seconds later, I felt Ming touch my face gently. I continued to play dead by sleeping away. I then felt Ming gently kiss my forehead, whisper "I ❤️ you" and then he got out of bed. I heard the bathroom door close and that's when I finally open my eyes, my heart beating wildly and my face all red.

Ming loves me. That just made me smile and I decided to go back to sleep for a bit. Funnily I ended up sleeping for real and when I finally woke up proper, it was already 9am and the alarm was blaring! Shit I had classes at 10am! I started getting ready and then it hit me, Ming wasn't around! I looked around and found a note on the table with a key next to it.

"Had to go off to class first Park. But I have made breakfast so have it otw and here's a copy of my room key. Keep it ok. And switch off your alarm if you haven't."

I chuckled at the note and finished off dressing, took my breakfast and left. I reached class right on time.

"Where have you been? You almost didn't make it." Forth nagged. Gosh he was becoming more like Pha day by day.

"Had your breakfast? Bet you haven't. Here have a bread." Lam pushed it towards me.

I snickered at both boys and took out the sandwiche and coffee in a thermos Ming had made for me. Their mouths fell open whilst I had my food. The lecturer soon walked in so they shut up. But once classes was over, I got bombarded by questions on whom it was from, who made me breakfast, why was I late.. blah blah. I tuned them out as we went to the garden to hang. As we were chilling in the garden, I saw Ming opposite with his friends. I really wanted to go over to say hi but it be awkward as I don usually do that. Everyone knows I'm too aloof for that so I have to maintain the image. But its Ming... Forth must have caught my face and he signalled to Lam discreetly. I didn't realise as I was busy fighting this monologue in my head.

"Ming, Yo! Come here." I heard Forth bark at them. Both boys hurried over.
"Yes P Forth?" Ming asked.
"Could you help Park with the Sotus training today and Yo, can you help Kit as I want to bring Pha on a date and they have this Medic camp?"
"Er sure P Forth. Okays." Both boys chirped but I could see Yo look a little confused. Well I was too, why would Forth ask a Science student to help out in a Medic camp? And what Sotus training? There was nothing like that today...unless.. I gasped softly and looked at Forth and Lam who shot me a knowing look. Damn both fellows must have caught on. They were probably creating an opportunity for me to see Ming without me having to do it. As much as I was touched, I also knew that damn I would be teased for life by these boys.

"P Park, do you want me to follow you now? For the training? I heard Ming ask. I instantly frowned by reflex when I heard the P call. But I also knew I was with Forth and Lam and Ming couldn't just call me by my name in front of them and Yo. I nodded my head and we both left. As we walked out, I told Ming there was actually no Sotus. Ming squeaked when he heard that. He was a smart kid, he connected the dots and figured Forth did it just to get us some time together. I saw Ming and he became quiet, his ears tinged red. I jsut smiled, feeling awkward myself.

"Erm, want to go get lunch and maybe catch the newest Marvel movie?" Ming nodded his head in agreement and we went off to the mall. We had an enjoyable afternoon together and still managed to get dinner in before heading back. I dropped Ming off at his door and was prepped to make my way back to my own. Just as I turned, Ming held my hand.

"Park.."
"Don do that. I must go back to my room today at least."
"But..."
"Have you forgotten I have a dorm?"
I caught Ming pouting. Damn this boy. I stared at him and he pouted harder. I rolled my eyes as I went in and I heard him cheer. Idiotic Ming! We had a quick shower each and then chilled in bed together, he was on his phone talking to Yo and I was playing my game. He scooted over to me as he spoke and I held him with one hand whilst playing using the other. About 10 minutes later, finding it difficult, I decided to stop my game and looked over at Ming who was still chattering away. I smiled and just turned to cuddle him as he spoke. Soon, I fell asleep listening to his voice.

The next morning felt like deja vu. Only this time, Ming was still in the room when I woke up. I had no classes so I decided to go back to see my mom as it was Friday and the weekend was upon us. Ming had classes so he said he had to leave soon.

"See you when you get back Park."
"OK stay safe na. Text me when you are done with school."
"OK, don forget snacks for me and say hello to your mom for me."
"I will. I shall go now."
"OK, love you. Be safe." I stopped in my tracks when I heard that. I looked up at Ming who had his eyes opened wide. I don't think he meant to say it out loud and he realized his folly.

"Park. I didn't.. I'm sorry.. it just.." I strode up to him and kissed him gently on his forehead before leaving.

"Stay safe" and I smiled as I left, having no idea of what was about to happen. Because if I knew, I would have confessed my feelings too.