Park

I really dislike school sometimes. It's either super chill or super busy. There is no fucking in between. It was one of those really super crazy days.

I ended around 7pm and finally took out my phone. I had a couple of messages from my boys, my cousin sister,  my mom and finally I saw 2 from Ming; ironically the one person's messages I had been looking forward to. He had texted to ask me to come over for dinner when I was done as he had done pad Thai and he knew I like it. I smiled and made my way to my bike. I rode over to our dorm, parked the bike and made my way to Ming's room. Just as I was about to knock on the door, my phone rang. It was Forth. He was flustered as Pha had gotten into trouble helping Beam and he was injured. Forth was mad and wanted my help and Lam's in getting hold of the guys who had injured Pha. Ming must have heard my voice as he opened the door mid way of my conversation. I told Forth I be there and hung up. I filled Ming in and told him I be back. He wanted to follow but I forbade him. I didn't want him to get into trouble or injure himself. He grabbed my hand tightly and told me he be waiting. I nodded and ran off.

Lam and I met up and we went to pick up those fucking Communication Arts kids. This was the 2nd time they were messing with us to be honest. But one of them, Thun was a particularly bad egg. Just as we were about to bring them with us, Thun hit me. He hit me hard on my back and kicked me. I ended up falling to the ground face down. I growled in anger. Since he wanted a fight, happy to give him one!

It wasn't the prettiest affair by the time we ended but we managed to haul the boys to the Dungeon whereby Forth, Beam, Pha were waiting. Just as we went in, Ming and Kit came in too. Shit, I forgot Ming would eventually come as Forth trusted him too but if he saw me all beaten up, ah. I sneaked a look at Ming who just looked at me, hard but didn't say a word. He kept quiet, his face morphing into an unreadable and expressionless one. I groaned inwardly, both at the physical pain and also the fact that Ming was probably mad at me.

The CA boys got it properly from Forth who very much assured their life would be a living hell if they bothered Beam or tried to hurt Pha again. I snickered as I know Forth always lived up to his words. But as I looked at Ming again, I wondered if my life was going to be a living hell too.

After the CA boys were gone, Forth realized Lam and I were injured. The Medical Princes offered to treat us. I watched Ming periodically as Kit treated me. Kit caught on and that's when I heard him go, "Ming, can you come here and apply this for Park whilst I go get some bandages?"

I glared at Kit who just chuckled whilst Ming came over. He took e saline and started jabbing away at my mouth area. I growled in pain a bit but decided to suck it up. But Ming's actions became significantly slower and I saw his eyes tear up as he continued nursing me.
"Ming.."
"Don't."

Ming just put down the medicine and walked off. Everyone's attention was finally drawn to us. They watched Ming walk off and then turned to me. There was silence for a while all around till I heard Forth finally go, "go after him you idiot."

I looked at Forth who just glared at me. I gulped quietly a bit, seeing the side of Forth that terrifies our juniors. I stood up, running off after Ming only hearing soft chuckles from the boys behind me. Shit, I was becoming like Forth and Lam, wasn't I? But the look in Ming's eyes and the tears tugged at my heart. I never thought I see the day when someone felt/worried for me and that feeling just spread warmth throughout me.

I ran out, only to see Ming nowhere. I figured he must be at his dorm so I wanted to run through the field to get to his dorm. That's when I saw him, he was running around the field. I realized he did it the last time because he was sad over Kit. And Kit was someone he had liked. Now I see him doing it again. Over me. Did it mean.. I gasped at the realisation. I stopped. I know I miss him, I like being around him, I had grown used to his company. But was that just merely friendship, concern for a broken hearted friend or did I like him too? I didn't want to do something that I wasn't sure about and break his heart again. I walked a step forward and hesitated again.

I looked up and saw that Ming had seen me. Seen me hesitate. A look of understanding came over him. He came towards me. He was all red faced, from running.
"I saw that. I saw the hesitation. It answers the doubts in my own heart. It's ok. I'm gonna go back, look after yourself and nurse your wounds ok, P".

He walked off, the seniority call ringing in my ears. I turned to look at him, realising my own eyes had filled up for some reason.