IX. The Reassurance

Khael asked me for a favor, something I myself don't think I can fulfill.

Bago siya nagpaalam sa akin that day, he asked me something big, I don't want to leave him with promises and give him false hope so I just said "If it's God's will".

"Aika, listen, I'll be entering the seminary next week, I have to stay there for a long time, I have to find myself there, I have to seek what God wants me to become, and if I don't succeed, and if God really wants us to be together, I'll marry you"

This exactly what Khael have said before he left.

There is a 50% chance of him going out there and staying with me for the rest of our lives.

I prayed and prayed that whatever God plans to do in our lives, I hope we can accept it wholeheartedly, if God really wants Khael to serve him for the rest of his life, let it be done and if God wants us to be together eternally, I will submit myself to him. I'll love him forever.

He saved my phone number and left a promise of texting or calling me often, whenever there's a chance and I watched him leave together with other men.

In my life full of uncertainties, this time I am sure, maybe this time it will all be sure.

I waited for him every day, those times of seeking himself, I will seek him, those times of finding his path, I'll follow and guide him.

I'm glad we found each other again before he enters the seminary, God really has plans, I am confident, he is just preparing us for something great and we just have to go with the flow and wait patiently.

This is not a coincidence....

We met when we are still young, he was the person I admired first, I met him again after years, he became my comfort zone and my go-to person when I feel bad about myself.

I fell in love with another person and he became supportive, Then I realized I was wrong with that person and there he fetches me again, I decided to choose myself and he let me do it, and here we are again met each other and he still have the same feelings for me. I believe he is the ONE.

He needs reassurance of me waiting for him, he is hoping that whatever his decision will be, I will still be here, and when the time comes that he will choose me, he is hoping that I still love him.

After a week, I received a message coming from Khael.

He sent me a picture of him together with his classmates in the seminary, it was during their music class when he was holding an acoustic guitar and smiled so sweet.

Napaka gwapo niya parin talaga. Bagay na bagay sa kanya ang kanilang uniporme, napaka respected ng get-up niya.

I just reacted heart emoji sa mismong picture and replied "Please take care, eat well and sleep well too"

After that wala na siyang reply, for two weeks that was his last message, never naman ako nakaramdam ng something bad, I understood that he was so busy and their phones are collected during classes.

Every night I pray for him, his health, his happiness even his vocation.

I continued my profession and decided to apply in five different public schools for more chances for getting a job.

But I failed..

Another school year passed, and there were no calls regarding my application.

I did not lose hope and strive again to earn more points para tumaas pa yung current rank ko which is 11th. You just have to give it a try everytime, meron at meron ding time na magkakaroon ng item for me, ang mahalaga, nakapila na ako, qualified na ako.