XI. Pain behind Success.

A person someone worth waiting for, It's Khael.

After all his efforts, sacrifices and one-sided love for me, He deserves to be happy and loved in the end.

I promised myself I'm going to give my all as soon as he returns

Sabi nga nila "Waiting is not a wasted time. Something is being worked out- in us, in someone else, in the universe"

Those 5 years I waited for Chris was never a waste of time, I realized a lot of things including Khael's love for me.

So again, like before, I will wait and let something happen and work out, but this time, it's between Khael and I.

Kung sana nakita at napansin ko lang siya noon pa, kung sana naramdaman ko ito sa mga panahong palagi siyang nandyan para sakin, SANA nakabawi ako, SANA nasuklian ko yung pagmamahal niya.

It's been 2 years already since Khael entered the seminary, I have to wait for 2 years more and I'll finally get the answer.

I kept on texting and updating him, calling him every other day even though he never answered.

I don't know where this deep hope is coming from but I believe in him, I felt his love it's authentic and real.

It's our third week in Sagada and we're so lucky we are able to witness the most anticipated Bonfire Festival, it's one of the most exciting festivals where people lit a fire from pieces of woods and make a big bonfire while the residents of the place dance around it.

Saturday night at 6:00 PM, one of the officials in the place came to our transient house and gave us a a set of clothes, he instructed us to wear it during the festival.

He told us to join them at 8:00 para sabay sabay daw naming i-light up yung woods.

We arrived at the event and nadatnan namin ang napaka raming tourists like us, there was a ritual before they start the event, the organizer then approached me and said " Ma'am I heard you are a teacher, can you be one of the readers of the ritual?"

I was like...

Kahit ba naman sa malayong lugar kasali parin ako.

"Oh sige po sir, can I get a copy po ?"

I read the introduction of the ritual and it was dedicated to those who seek healing for sickness, emotional stress, healing of all aspects of life.

I was reading solemnly when I can feel my phone vibrating from my pocket

Medyo mahaba haba din yung aking binabasa kaya inignore ko lang, siguro three times siya nag vibrate and that means 3 missed calls na yun, I thought walang signal sa lugar pero narealize ko nasa peak pala kami ng mountain so maybe may nasasagap na connection.

After I read for almost a minute, I checked my phone.

Someone called me, it's an unfamiliar number.

I tried to call it in return pero wala pala akong load that time.

I continued to watch and enjoy the event with my family and syempre kailangan mong makihalubilo dahil kaming mga turista ang guests.

Napalitan ng init ang malamig na simoy ng hangin dahil sa napakalakas ng apoy, napakataas and nagliliyab, napaisip tuloy ako, "ang saya siguro kapag kasama mo yung taong mahal mo" although I was with my family pero iba parin pag yung taong special sayo ang kasama mo.

I took a lot of pictures for remembrance, aaminin ko medyo parang ayoko nang umuwi at bumalik sa napakagulong mundo sa siyudad, dito tahimik, malamig, everything is fresh and dito mafefeel mo talaga yung peace of mind.