X. A sign

We stayed in Sagada for almost a month, the beautiful scenery and the all-green view of that place makes your mind really at peace.

The cold morning breeze and the natural provincial life in that place made me want to stay there for the rest of my life.

I enjoyed waking up every day without phones and any gadgets to check, I enjoyed walking down the streets at noon and watch the stars shine brightly at night.

Napakasarap sariwahin ang mga nagdaan sa ganung klaseng environment.

We used to walk at 4:30 AM and wait for the sun to rise, but one morning I walked alone with my dog, we stopped in an area where we can see the dawn break and the clouds melt while the sun rises.

My dog barked so loud and seemed aggressive, someone is walking towards us, Kinabahan ako, the place is not familiar to me and we've been there for only 2 weeks so I don't know anyone from there.

A lady in her middle age approached us, maybe she was in her 50s.

Lumapit siya sa amin and asked "Turista ka ba dito iha?"

"Opo, taga rito po ba kayo?"

"Oo, dito ako lumaki, napakaganda ng lugar na ito, hindi ko na gugustuhing malayo ulit dito"

"Bakit ho? Aalis na po ba kayo?"

We asked questions like we know each other for long.

"Ilang taon kana iha?

"24 na po ako"

"Noong nasa ganyan akong edad, sumama ako sa aking nobyo, nagkaroon kami ng anak, mas ahead siya iyo ng limang taon"

"Ah ganun po ba, so bakit ho kayo bumalik dito?"

"Nagkaroon kami ng hindi pagkakaintidihan dahil sa isang bagay na nagawa ko, pero hinding hindi ko pagsisisihan yung bagay na yun"

I didn't mind asking kasi baka masyadong personal yung issue so I just told her she made the right decision of returning to her hometown then she suddenly invited me to their house, it's near the place where we stopped for a while.

At first nag-hesitate ako na sumama, I am just a tourist there and I don't know who is she pero dahil mukhang high maintenance naman yung babae, karespe-respeto, mabait, maayos ang get-up , naka suot ng rubber shoes na para bang nagjojogging din that time, so sumama kami ng aking puppy.

Habang papalapit kami sa kanilang bahay, their house was so big, painted in beige with high gates and a garage with two cars.

She invited me inside and served me with a drink.

I was looking around the ceiling while sitting on the sofa, then the woman asked me to wait, tatawagin daw niya yung anak niya.

She introduced me to Josef, her son, he was rude and I felt unwelcome and unwanted in their house.

But the woman explained to me about him and told me "Ganyan na talaga yan ever since, nagmana sa tatay"

Bigla kong natanong kung asan yung asawa niya without even realizing a thing,

"Naghiwalay na kami, naiwan siya sa Manila, living his life alone, I can't stand him anymore"

"Sorry to hear that po, so kayo nalang po dalawa ng anak ninyo dito?"

"Meron pa dito yung bunso ko, he's part of the military now pero nakaleave siya because we have to move here permanently"

"Josef anak pakitawag yung kapatid mo"

Kuya Josef went upstairs and called his younger brother, kitang kita yung room niya downstairs and nakatingin lang ako kay Josef while he was knocking at his door.

Maybe this TIMEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें