Chapter 5 Between Brothers

Hank Hall and Don Hall otherwise known as Hawk and Dove were brothers and proud of it. However like most brothers they tended to fight and argue sometimes. Which happened a lot. Hank was often annoyed by Don's peaceful and gentle nature not willing to hurt anyone or anything even if they wronged him or hurt him. While Don got annoyed with the way Hank was always trying to beat someone up over certain things, he was always the punch first ask questions later type.

But the two of them loved each other very much. They cared about each other they were family. The bond between brothers is hard to break.

Hank and Don were out today with the other students to have sometime outside of hero work and school work to have a normal everyday teenage life. "It sure is a nice day," Hannah said.

"Yes it is nice and sunny," Kara said.

"It is lovely," M'gan said.

"So let's enjoy it," Michael said.

"Yes there is much to do here," Garth said.

"Well let's look around and have fun," Terry said.

"What should we do first?" Rex asked.

"Hard to say looks like there is much to do," Randy said.

"I'll say," Stephen said.

"I wonder," Taylor said.

"Well how about we look in stores first," Don said.

"Or we can go to the arcade," Hank said.

It was a hard choice so they decided to start looking in the stores. They were having a nice day and hoping things were going well and hoped to get to relax for a while.

Then they saw something. It looked like trouble. "Looks like duty calls." Terry said. "Come on guys," he said.

"Alright we're coming," they said.

They got costumed up. They headed out to see a few villains causing problems. "We better let the teachers know about this," Wild heart said.

"Come on we can handle this," Hawk said.

"Hawk I agree with Wild heart we should call a teacher they could help us after all we never dealt with these bad guys before they are some of the most dangerous rogues known," Dove said.

"Would you quit being such a wuss," Hawk said.

"I am not a wuss, I am trying to use my head," Dove said.

They headed to fight and Hawk kept cutting off when one of the others tried to call in one of the older heroes. "Hawk what is your problem?" Dove asked.

"I know we can handle this ourselves, you guys need to stop being worry warts," Hawk said.

"Don't get cocky," Supergirl told him.

"She's right Hawk this no time for any of us to get cocky," Wild heart said.

The fight continued and Dove got through into something hard. He was unconscious. "Dove!" Hawk shouted. He looked at who did it. "You just made a big mistake," he said. He went after them and started punching hard and the villain was knocked unconscious and was still pounding him.

That is when Supergirl and Terry pulled him back. "Hawk that is enough he's defeated." Supergirl said.

"Let me go," Hawk said.

"Not until you calm down." Terry said.

"Calm down Hawk," Wild heart said. "Take a deep breath and let it out slowly," she said.

Hawk took a deep breath and let it out slowly and did it few more times. He was finally calming down. Then the police came and took the crooks away. Hawk rushed over to Dove who was badly hurt. "Dove answer me," Hawk said. Then he picked Dove up.

"We need to get him to the medical wing of the school," Terry said.

They headed back to the school. There Don was being treated. Hank called his parents telling them Don had been hurt they told him to keep them posted because they couldn't leave home right now because they had much important work to attend to and they were going to come see him as soon as they can.

Everyone was worried about Dove and what happened. "It's all my fault if I had listened to you guys and allowed you to get one of the teachers for back up this wouldn't have happened," Hawk said.

"Hawk you need to understand all of you are young heroes and still have much to learn, it is important in certain situations you need a senior hero who has done and seen more than you to help," Superman said.

"If anything bad happens to Don it's going to be all my fault," Hank said.

"Hank no it's not, don't blame yourself it could've happened if one of us teachers were there helping you," Flash told him. "Man even sometimes pros get hurt when other pros are even helping them and watching their back." he said.

"Flash is right things like this happen, just remember what happened isn't your fault," Green Lantern said.

"If you say so," Hank said.

Then J'onn J'onnz came out with the medical bot. "Don is going to be all right," J'onn said. "He's got a few bumps, scrapes, bruises and a broke leg, but nothing serious," he said.

"That is such a relief," Hank said.

"Yes it is," Terry said.

Hank called his parents told them Don was going to be okay, he told them the most serious injury Don had was a broken leg. They were so relieved that Don was going to be okay.

Hank went into the infirmary to see Don. "Hey Don how are you feeling?" Hank asked.

"Sore but I'll live," Don said. "Hank you should've listened to us about calling a teacher and letting them help us, I know you had been excited to show and use your powers since you got them, but you got cocky about it, it's not a good idea to let pride get in the way," he said.

"Your right, and I almost went to far when I was fighting the one who hurt your, Terry and Kara had to pull me away and hold me back. Wild heart had to calm me down," Hawk said. "I could've done much worse to him than what I did maybe you were right about my way not being the best way, when violence is countered with violence it just ends up a disaster." he said.

"Hank it's alright, I don't blame you for going over the deep end. But I am okay, I know you only did it because you saw me get hurt, but I am okay, I know it is hard to see one you love get hurt but I am okay so don't worry about it." Don said.

"But you won't be able to help us for almost a month," Hank said.

"I know but I am going to be fine," Don said.

"I will stay here with you because I know we are brothers and we stick with each other during times like this," Hank said.

"Thanks Hank," Don said.

Hank kept his word and stayed with Don until he recovered and soon Don was ready to get back to training and helping save the day. Don and Hank knew even though they would disagree at times but things would never change between them as brothers.

To be continued.