Chapter 8 Wild Heart's hero

It was just an ordinary day Wild heart was busy in the forest with the forest animals when she heard something. "Who's there?" she asked.

"What is it Wild heart?" Dove asked.

"Oh nothing I thought it might be another trapper, let's continue clearing out the traps," Wild heart said.

Then they saw more traps are being cleared and then bumped into someone. "Hello there," he said.

"Hi I am Dove and this is Wild heart we are clearing out traps that trappers had left," Dove said.

"I can see that I am doing that too, nice to meet you both call me Animal man," Animal man said.

Wild heart was amazed at this.

"We go to the Justice League Academy," Dove said

 "Well what do you know I was headed there now I am going to be one of the new teachers there," Animal Man said.

They headed towards the academy. "It's Animal man the Animal man," Wild heart said.

"You seem a bit amazed, you didn't say a thing when he started talking," Dove said noting her nervous behavior.

 "Animal Man is one of the greatest heroes with Animal powers, I really look up to him," Wild heart said.

"Well why don't you talk to him then maybe he can give you some pointers on your powers," Dove said. "He can be a great person for you to talk to," he said.

"I don't know Dove I wouldn't know what to say," Wild Heart said.

"That's okay nothing worry about really," Dove said.

They came back to the academy from the forest. "Ah Dove and Wild heart I see you met our new teacher Animal man already," GL said.

"Yes we met him while we were in the forest clearing out the traps," Dove said.

 "Well Animal Man I think you may like teaching Wild heart because she has animal powers as well," Flash said.

"Oh you have animal powers?" Animal Man asked Wild heart.

"Uh huh," Wild heart said with a nod.

"Then why don't you show me what you can do then?" Animal man asked.

Wild heart went to the training room and was doing okay at first but when she saw Animal Man watching she choked and ran off.

"I wonder what got into her she is normally so confident with using her powers," Hawkgirl said.

"Yes I have never seen her like this," GL said.

"This is most unusual," M'gan said.

"Yes Wild heart loves to show off her animal powers I wonder what is going on," Hawk said.

"I think something must be bothering her," Terry said.

"You think something is bothering her?" Batman asked.

"Yes, I agree with the kid something must be bothering her to make her act like that," Animal Man said.

"I think I know what, when you first showed up in the forest she didn't say a word to you and only talked to me, she seemed to be amazed she was meeting you, she thinks you great hero who with animal powers and I think she choked when she saw you watching because she must've been worried about what you might think," Dove said.

"I think I better talk to her," Animal man said.

"I will tell you were she is if you want to find her." Booster Gold said.

"Okay tell me where she is," Animal man said then he went to find her.

Wild heart was in a small part of town having a milkshake.

"Hello Wild Heart," Animal man said coming up.

"Oh hey Animal man," Wild heart said.

"Booster told me what you think of me," Animal man said. "You really think I am a great hero?" he asked.

"I really look up to you to be honest, I guess I was excited when you told us you were going to be a new teacher at the academy but when I saw you watching me use my powers I choked because I felt you wouldn't approve of how I use my powers or my powers in general and I think I am poor excuse for a person with Animal powers," Wild heart said.

"Well Wild heart I am not like that, I want to help you learn and grow with your powers if you would like and try not worry I will help you, so what are your powers might I ask?" Animal man asked.

"Well after getting into chemical spill containing the DNA of several animals I can talk to animals, use their abilities, I can connect my heart with that of animals, enhanced reflexes, I can sense danger before it happens, I can even read the auras of other people to know what they are really feeling and know what they are really like, and I have enhanced senses." Wild heart said.

"That is impressive," Animal Man said.

"Huh?" Wild heart said.

"I said it is impressive," Animal Man said.

"I know what you said I hear something," Wild heart said.

"What are you hearing?" Animal Man asked.

"Someone in trouble," Wild heart said and took off and Animal man followed her to a fenced backyard and they heard a help me. They came up over the fence and saw a young child had fallen in the pool and was struggling.

Wild heart dived and pulled him out. "Are you okay?" Wild heart asked him.

"Yes I'm okay, I slipped and fell in," the little boy said.

"Where is your mom?" Animal man asked.

"In the front yard," the boy said.

Animal man got the boys mother who came running. "Oh Andre are you okay?" she asked.

"I slipped and fell in," Andre said.

"Well you are okay now thank you Animal man," the mother said.

"Actually it is Wild heart you should thank, she is the one who heard your son because of her enhanced senses and came here and pulled him out of the pool," Animal man said.

"Thank you Wild heart." the mother said.

"No problem I am happy to help, I am just glad your son is alright," Wild heart said.

They headed back. "Wild heart I am proud of how you handled yourself and you used your powers and abilities with me watching," Animal man said.

"I was focused on trying to help the little boy," Wild heart said.

"Well all that matters is that you did the right thing and sometimes when you focus on the task at hand you forget everything else in the world do what needs to be done," Animal man said.

They made it back to the Academy and Animal man told the others what Wild heart did. "Good work Wild heart," Flash said.

Things were going to be more amazing at the Academy now that Animal Man was now part of the teaching staff.