Chapter 6 A Dove and A Wild Heart

Don really liked Hannah a lot and he felt like Hannah looked familiar. That is a when he remembered her from a summer camp in Texas he went with his brother too. "Hey Hannah did you go to Summer camp called Shining Star?" Don asked.

"Yes I did, why do you ask Don?" Hannah asked.

"Because I believe this is yours," Don said handing her an orange handkerchief with butterflies on it. "You let me borrow this," he said.

That is when Hannah remembered.

Flashback.

"Hey where are you?" Don called. "Come on guys why did you leave me behind?" he asked. "Where are you?" he asked. Then he he fell and hurt his knee. "Ouch," he said.

Then there was a noise and he got scared. Then a camp dog ran by. "I knew I didn't want to come to camp but Hank talked me into coming," Don said. "Mommy!" he said.

Then there was more rustling and a girl came out. "Hmm I wonder where that camp dog went," she said. Then she saw Don on the ground. "Are you okay? What happened?" she asked.

"I hurt my knee," Don said.

"Here let me help," she said. Then she wrapped her handkerchief around his knee. "There that should do it," she said. "Now let's get you to your feet," she said. She helped Don to his feet and he was shocked to say the least. "Now let's head back to camp." she said. "What is your name by the way?" she asked.

"It's Don, Don Hall," Don said.

"Well I am Hannah Maxston," Hannah said.

"I remember now you were the boy who hurt his knee," Hannah said.

"Yes," Don said.

"I remember we played every day at camp," Hannah said.

"We sure did," Don said.

"Wow you guys sounded like you were good friends," Terry said.

"We were," Hannah said. "We went to that camp every year, until it had to close down, a couple of years back because the owner was forced to sell it," she said.

"Yes I thought I lost all contact with you," Don said. "I thought you looked familiar but I wanted to be sure, and I had been meaning to give your hankie back," he said.

"Well I am glad we are learning together now, I really missed you," Hannah said. "Now the best summer camp buddies forever are back," she said.

"We sure are," Don said.

"I remember her you used to play with her all the time at camp and at home she was the main thing you talked about a lot." Hank said.

"Hank!" Don said.

"You always went on about how you liked her hair and how nice she was an such, you must really like her," Hank said.

"Hank!" Don said. He was looking embarrassed.

"What I do?" Hank asked.

Both Don and Hannah were in the same age group. Hannah was now sixteen and Don was now sixteen, they were both were at the time were they would be High school. They were good friends and they cared about each other. They were close friends indeed.

They were catching up on the years they missed since the camp closed down. They were so happy to see each other again. They spent a lot of time together and hanging out.

Don found himself falling for her. "You know Don if you like her, why don't you tell her?" Rex asked.

"I don't know, I just don't know how too," Don said.