Po's Dad and Jombies

Me and Po were at our dad's shop. Po was bathing in the alley behind the shop while I was washing the dishes. I wasn't paying attention until there was cheering. I sensed someone was eating a bunch of dumplings for the Dumpling Eating Contest. I assumed it was Po until he came running through the door.

"Who's eating my dumplings?" Po asked.

"And who's paying for them?" Dad asked.

"......100, 101, 102!" The crowd cheered.

"One hundred and three!" The newcomer yelled, muffled. "Yay! Is that a new record?"

"Who are you?" Po asked shocked. The newcomer muffled a response but when we couldn't hear he swallowed the dumplings.

"I'm Li Shan. I'm looking for my son." The newcomer said. I walked over to dad and nudged him.

"Who is he?" I whispered.

"He's a panda." Dad said in shock. My eyes widened and I turned in the direction of the new panda.

"You lost your son?" Po asked.

"Yes. Many years ago." Li said.

"I lost my father." Po admitted.

"I'm very sorry." Li said.

"Thank you." Po replied. It was silent for a moment before Li spoke again.

"Well, good luck to you."

"You too. I hope you find your son." Po said.

"And I hope you find your father." Li replied. I sensed Li start to leave and I facepalmed with the crowd. Suddenly Li and Po turned around and stared in shock at each other. "Son?" Li gasped. "Oh, my gosh, it is you!" Po just stood wheezing and staring in disbelief causing Li to chuckle. "Well, don't just stand there! Give your old man a hug." Po and Li then gave each other a hug and the crowd cheered. Li then said something and Po stepped away from him.

"Uh, this is very embarrassing, but I think you've got me confused with a panda named Lotus? My name is Po." Po said awkwardly.

"Oh, right, you wouldn't know-Okay, see, Little Lotus was the name you were given at birth." Li explained.

"Really?" Po gasped.

"Really!" Li laughed.

"I can't believe it. After all these years. And you're really here? This is amazing!" Po rambled excited. "Oh, Dad! Come say hi to, um- I don't know-I don't know what I'm supposed to call you." Po stuttered as me and Dad walked over to Po and Li.

"I'm pretty sure he said his name is Li." Dad said. I could tell he wasn't happy with finding out Po's real dad was here.

"You. Come here!" Li said and he pulled Dad into a hug. "Thank you. Thank you for taking such good care of my son."

"Your son?" Dad asked in disbelief. "Now, hold on just a minute. How do we know this...stranger is even related to you?" Dad asked as he got out of the hug.

"Look at that." Li said and I sensed him and Po comparing their stomachs. "Our bellies could be brothers! Hey, son, let me teach you how to belly gong." Li said and him and Po started hitting their stomachs together. Po and Li then started getting a picture painted together.

"But I still don't understand. I thought Po was the only panda left." Dad interrupted. I was thinking the same thing.

"Oh, no, there's a whole bunch of us." Li said.

"Where?" Po asked excited.

"A secret panda village in the mountains." Li whispered to Po but I heard it.