𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛 𝑏

Disclaimer: In this chapter, they meet Adult Five, but since he is thirty-eight in this story, Adult Five won't look like how he looks in the show. He'll just look like a thirty-year-old man, y'know

Word count: 1771

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑—both of whom had been napping for the past couple of hours—woke up to the sound of rustling in the kitchen. It sounded as though someone had opened the fridge and was now going through it, which immediately let the other two know of Five's presence.

"Five? Shit." Luther threw the blanket off of him before the two of them rushed over to the kitchen. "Five? Five, what . . ." His face scrunched up as he took in the boy, who was chugging water from a white bottle as he stood in front of the open fridge. "You okay?"

Five's eyes glanced over at them from the sudden noise before he gulped and pulled the bottle away from his mouth. "I'm gonna need to be hydrated," he panted as he stored the bottle back into the fridge and shut the door.

"Hydrated?" Valerie repeated, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Five then grabbed a bottle of what seemed to be baby powder from the table and shook the powder down the sleeves of his shirt, an action that only confused the other two further.

Luther's nose crinkled as he watched Five do so. "What's with the baby powder?"

"It'll help with the itching," Five responded.

"What itching? There's itching?" Luther shook his head, his nose crinkling even more as Five poured the powder down his pants. "What the hell is going on here?" A look of realization then dawned on his face as he breathed out, "You do have a plan."

"Well, it's a desperation move, but" —Five put the bottle back down and grabbed his blazer, walking over to the living room as the other two turned and watched— "since our brain-dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice."

"No choice about what?" Valerie questioned as she folded her arms and leaned against the doorframe.

"I have to find myself." Five slung his blazer over one shoulder while using his free hand to pull the watch out of his pocket. He checked the time before shoving it back and telling them, "I just arrived in Dallas fifteen minutes ago."

Valerie walked over to the boy, narrowing her eyes as she watched him shrug his blazer on. She put a hand on his shoulder, peering into his face as she asked, "Should I be worried about you?"

"Val, if you recall" —Five raised his eyebrows— "I was sent to 1963 on a job by the Commission to make sure the president was assassinated."

"Oh!" She nodded quickly in understanding as he began to stretch. "So, your older self is out there."

"Precisely," he confirmed.

"What, just walking around Dallas?" Luther questioned, his eyes fixated on Five as the boy stretched his legs.

Five stopped stretching as he corrected Luther, "Walking around Dallas with a briefcase that can get us home."

Luther's eyes widened as he clapped his hands together and took in a sharp breath. "Oh my God. Five, you're a genius."

"However, there are two significant problems with this plan." Five scratched the back of his neck as he began to pace up and down the living room. "Problem number one. I am a trained assassin, arguably the most dangerous assassin in the space-time continuum. If I know me, I'm not going to react kindly to bumping into myself. Problem number two, and this is the real fly in the ointment here: you're not supposed to exist in close proximity to yourself in the same timeline. The side effects can be disastrous."