𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠

A/N: Hey, guys! I just wanted to let you know that I have another Five x fem OC story called 'Moonlight' up! Please go to my page and check it out if you're interested! Have a great day/night <3
Word count: 1656

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 the lime-green doors of the motel room, which were quickly opened to reveal the Handler, who was dressed in a black dress that glittered in the dim light.

A grin spread onto her face as she registered the two faces, and she exclaimed, "Ah! Just in time for a nightcap."

As the Handler went to prepare drinks, Valerie and Five entered the motel room, looking around. The colour scheme of the room seemed to be green, with its wallpaper, bedding, curtains, and couches all bearing the dominant colour.

His eyes glancing around the room, Five turned and shut the doors tightly.

"To be clear, we take out the board . . ." He exhaled as the woman lit a cigar. "You get us and our family home. No more doomsday, no more apocalypse. Is that correct?"

She gave a sly smirk as she strode over to the nightstand and picked up a small slip of paper. Lounging across the bed, the cigar still stuck in her mouth, she gave a curt nod. "That's the deal."

Five glanced over at Valerie, who gave him a small nod, before confirming, "Then we're in."

A smirk growing on her face, the Handler allowed Five to take the folded paper from her. He opened it to reveal cursive writing that stated:

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝐿𝑜𝒹𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃𝓃.
𝒪𝓈𝒽𝓀𝑜𝓈𝒽, 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓈𝒾𝓃, 𝟣𝟫𝟪𝟤

—♫—

1982

Valerie and Five walked towards the Lonely Lodger Inn, passing a row of parked cars. They quickly moved to the side as a man got out of the car, dressed in what seemed to be red and black traditional Czech clothing.

Hurriedly, they headed inside the Inn, whose walls were made of stone, and was filled with more people dressed in the same manner. A sign next to the door announced the Polka Festival, explaining the traditional clothing, though they didn't pay too much attention to that.

They then noticed a woman who was wearing a green vest and was leaned over a white-clothed tabled. Clearly, she worked there.

"Okay, Five," Valerie whispered as she turned to him and raised her eyebrows. "I'm going to go talk to her, all right?"

"Mhm." He nodded, his eyes trained on the curly-haired woman.

The two approached her, and before Valerie could say anything, Five immediately greeted, "Excuse me."

Valerie groaned internally and shook her head. This boy . . .

The woman jumped in surprise as she looked up at them. "Uff da! You snuck up on me there! If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put 'em out till three."

"I can hardly wait," Five humoured her as he shifted in his spot and glanced towards the side. "Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?"

"Sure do," she answered with a nod before gesturing towards the hall. "Muskellunge Banquet Room. You two looking for your moms? Are they in for the convention?"