𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑔

Word count: 2327

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐀, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 an invisible Valerie walked inside the boxing arena. 

Surrounding the boxing ring in the middle of the room was a cheering crowd, shoving each other and waving cash in the air. The air reeked of sweat and alcohol, immediately causing Valerie to scrunch her face and pinch her nose. 

Straining her neck, she peered through the small spaces between the shouting men to see the two fighters in the ring. Her eyes widened as she quickly recognized the larger one. 

Luther, his animal skin clearly visible against his white muscle shirt, was fighting a man of similar size, who had dark hair and a growl comparable to a lion's.

The three of them managed their way to the front. They peered from underneath the metal railings to watch as Luther and the other man exchanged punches, grunting loudly as they did so.

Valerie glanced over her shoulder to see that not too far from them was Jack Ruby, egging Luther on with clenched fists.

Luther gave a hefty punch to the other man, throwing him backwards and causing him to pause for a quick recovery.

Before he could continue on towards a victory, a distraught look came over Luther's eyes as he swayed in his spot, his eyebrows furrowed.

The other man charged toward him and quickly swung at him, and Luther made no effort to stop him. Even after getting hit, Luther expressed no want to fight back.

The crowd shouted words of frustration and distress as Luther allowed each blow to hit him. Jack Ruby was most definitely not too happy, and he let Luther know through discontented shouts.

Valerie grasped Five's arm with worry, her eyes wide as she watched and exclaimed, "He's pummeling him!"

Luther looked up at the man, his words barely audible over the roaring audience. "Hit me again."

The man grabbed either side of Luther's head and threw him to the side that the three of them were on, Luther hitting the wall right under them.

"Oh my God, Luther," Vanya breathed out, her eyes fixated on the man who remained limp.

"Why isn't he fighting back?" Five asked anxiously as the man seized Luther by the head and dragged him to his feet.

He began to repeatedly punch Luther in the gut. Blow after blow, Luther did nothing but let out loud grunts, his face scrunched up in pain as he took each hit.

Luther, now drenched in sweat and littered in bruises, breathed heavily. "Hit me again."

Another strike, but the ape of a man still wasn't satisfied.

"Again! Hit me!"

Five peeked his head through the wide metal bars of the railing, shouting, "Luther, are you crazy? Just hit him!"

"Hit me. I wanna feel pain," Luther begged the other man. "I wanna feel all the pain."

What the fuck was wrong with him?

"Give me everything you've got!"

The man growled.

Valerie's grip on Five's arm tightened in fear as the man sent a punch so severe that it sent Luther flying through the air. It seemed as though he was going in slow motion as the crowd grew louder, and he soon hit the hay-covered ground, barely conscious. His face was covered in blood, and it seemed as though his mind wasn't processing the boos as he slowly blinked towards the ceiling.