𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑎𝑙. 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨

Word count: 2816

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 hid behind a stone block, their hands pressed against it as they watched Lila enter a brick building in front of them.

"Why can't I just use my speed and grab her?" Valerie whispered to Five, who then shook his head in response.

"She's up to something," he whispered back, his eyes still fixated on her. "No use if we just take her now."

Staying crouched, they rushed to the door before Five grabbed her hand and teleported both of them inside, and Valerie squinted from the sudden artificial light.

At the sound of their feet padding against the ground, Lila turned around to see them just as Five shoved his hands in his pockets.

"What's your game, crazy lady?" he questioned as he leaned forward and raised his eyebrows.

"Who cares?" Lila shrugged, a wide grin settling on her face. "You said if you saw me again, you'd kill me."

"Oh," he scoffed as he gave her a miffed smile, "I remember."

"Well, come on, big talker." She raised her eyebrows teasingly as she tilted her head and nodded in the other direction. "Let's get this done."

"All right." He teleported behind her, but before he could balance himself, Lila sent a roundhouse kick to his face. He groaned and clutched his nose before Lila ran in the opposite direction.

"She's not all that bad," Valerie pointed out as she folded her arms. "You shouldn't kill her."

"You say that because you're you," Five scoffed before running after Lila.

"I don't know if I should be offended," Valerie muttered to herself before speeding over to the large room that they had entered.

The room was dimly lit, and along the sides were large, metal tubs that seemed to be filled with chemicals. A few long tables were scattered across the room, with three smaller tubs placed through the holes that lined the middle.

Five spun through the air as he kicked towards Lila, who ducked out of the way of his foot. He did it once more, successfully this time, and hit her straight in the face.

As the two fought, Valerie rolled her eyes and climbed on top of one of the metal tubs. She watched as she sat on the edge of it, one leg crossed over the other. She'd intervene if necessary—though she doubted it'd get that bad.

Lila jumped over one of the tables before disappearing. She reappeared, leaning against a column on the other side of the room as she folded her arms. "I'm waiting."

"What the fuck?" Valerie murmured, her eyebrows furrowed as her eyes switched between where Lila had just been and where she currently was.

As Five ran over to Lila, she disappeared once again, and appeared back to the first side of the room, a smirk on her face as she raised her eyebrows.

"Fed up yet, Five?"

Five looked to her in a stupor before shaking his head and grabbing a metal pipe. He teleported over to her and swung, but just ended hitting an electrical box, which sparked in retaliation. He dropped the pipe and turned around to see Lila about to punch him, but dropped to the ground and kicked her feet.

She let out a cry as she fell to her back and he quickly got up and pressed his foot against her throat.

He looked up towards Valerie and raised his eyebrows. "Thanks for the help."

Valerie gave him a sweet smile and blew him a kiss. "No problem, babe."

Lila stared up at Five, her hands gripping the sides of his shoe as she tried to pull it off. Her voice was strained as she choked out, "You're better than I thought."