chapter 8

varian"s pov

"Rapunzel!" I yelled running towards rapunzel, "rapunzel, wake up, please, wake up!" I said shaking rapunzel, "what's wrong?" I heard gothel ask over the speaker. "i-i dont know, I could tell that the sleep bomb you used on us, was affecting her more than me, but I don't know why, and I don't know how to fix it!" I exclaimed, still trying to wake up rapunzel, then a door busted open and gothel walked in and pushed me to the side, she was looking over rapunzel, she then picked up rapunzel in a baby carry and started carrying her outside of the room, "where are you taking her?" I asked gothel trying to follow her, but before I could follow her out the door, she slammed it on me and locked it, I was now alone, in a room, no idea what was going to happen to rapunzel, I walked towards the wall and sat down, I put my knees to my chest and my arms over my knees, and I started tearing up.

rapunzel's pov

I didn't know how long I was out for, but when I woke up, I realized that I was back on my bed from the tower, I stood up right away, I looked around frantically, I realized varian wasn't in there with me, I started to run to the curtains that were meant to be a door but before I reached it I ended up tripping on something and I realized my ankle was connected to a chain that was connected to the bed, I started to pull on the chain with my hands but it was hopeless, then the curtains opened and gothel walked in. "where's varian?" I asked, determined to keep varian safe. "he's fine, he's in the testing room." gothel said, "Eugene will find us." I told her, "please, you really think he'll care, if you don't get found he'll be crowned king, he'll get all the money, he'll be in charge, you really don't think he won't take that chance?" gothel teased, "Eugene's not like that anymore." I said firmly, "please, he's a thief, who had nothing, and now, he has the chance to have everything." gothel said, "I told you, he's not like that!" I snapped, "sure... I'll be back, I need to go get food for you and varian." gothel said, she then walked out.

eugene's pov

we were all in Quirin's living room, waiting for Quirin to come out of varian's room, with hopefully a way to find them both, "how much longer will he take?" Cassandra asked getting annoyed at waiting, "I don't know, Cassandra, it could take a while, like Quirin said, that stuff is more varian's thing." I said, then Quirin came out of varian's room we all looked at him with concern. "I think I got it," he said.