chapter 9

eugene's pov

Quirin came out of varian's room we all looked at him with concern. "I think I got it," he said, "really?" I asked walking towards him, "I looked at some of varian's designs and I built something based on it, but I'm not sure if it works." Quirin informed us, "we have to try, show us the machine." I replied, "right in here." Quirin said, he lead us into varian's room, inside his room, there was a bed, a desk, and a giant machine right in the middle of the room, "how does it work?" I asked Quirin looking at the machine, "if I'm correct all we have to do is press this green button when we feel shaking and hopefully it will be able to track where the power is coming from." Quirin informed us, "then I guess this is a waiting game." I replied, we then sat down and waited for varian to use his powers again.

varian's pov

I ended up falling asleep, but when I woke up there was a plate with a sandwich and some chip's on it, I looked at the plate cautiously not sure if there was poison or something else in there, "you can eat the food there's nothing in it." I heard gothel's voice come from the speaker in the room, I turned to the speaker but only to turn back towards the food, I pulled the plate towards me and stared at it, I decided that gothel probably still needs me for something so I picked up the sandwich and started eating it.

rapunzel's pov

gothel walked back into the room with a plate, it had a sandwich and some chips on it, she handed it to me and I took it from her hands and I took a bite from the sandwich, "thank you." I said after I swallowed my bite, "your welcome, we start the test again tomorrow." gothel said, she then walked out of the room and I ate more of the sandwich.