prologue✨✨

⚠️cw/tw: intrusive/depressing thoughts (im not sure if it would count as intrusive, but in case it did, i wanted to have a warning for it)⚠️

CONTEXT - Kanao and Tanjiro are in a fake relationship due to the era of when demon slayer takes place. This will include InoZen (inosuke x zenitsu), KaNezu (kanao x nezuko), and sone potential RenUzu (rengoku x uzui), Sanegiyuu (sanemi x giyuu), ObaMitsu (obanai x mitsuri) and hinted ShinRoji (shinobu x mitsuri, one-sided)

And before this starts, i just want to mention sexualities and stuff-

Gay - Inosuke(15), Muichiro(14), Uzui(23), Rengoku(20), Giyuu(21)

Lesbian - Kanao(16), Nezuko(14), Shinobu(18)

Bi - Zenitsu(16), Sanemi(21)

Pan - Tanjiro(15), Genya(16), Mitsuri(19)

Aromantic - Aoi(16+)

Asexual - Zenitsu(16), Nezuko(14), Rengoku(20), Aoi(16+)

Demi - Obanai(21)

Trans - Zenitsu(ftm)(16)

(All of them are closeted to most of each other lol)

🌸☁---------☁🌸

(3rd Person:)

Tanjiro walked through the halls of the Butterfly Mansion, looking for Kanao. He needed to talk to her, regarding the two's 'relationship'. There were no romantic feelings between the two, only platonic and an outward display of romantic affection so that the two wouldn't be outed to their friends and family. When Tanjiro had first asked to date Kanao, it wasn't that he had feelings for her, it was because Urokodaki had asked if he had a girlfriend and it would've seemed awkward if Tanjiro told him he did, when he in fact, didn't. At first Kanao refused, as her coin had flipped tails, but when Tanjiro explained the situation, Kanao made the decision on her own. The thought made Tanjiro smile as he walked. Kanao was learning to make decisions on her own, without the coin. It was nice, knowing that she was learning to let go of her past and starting anew. Reaching the room Kanao was currently staying in, Tanjiro knocked on the door. When he heard a soft "come in," he slowly opened it. 

Tanjiro walked in to find Kanao letting Nezuko play with her hair. Her haori was folded neatly next to her, and she had her uniform on. Nezuko looked up at Tanjiro, and delight shone in her eyes. She got up and walked over to Tanjiro, making herself taller to give Tanjiro a hug. Tanjiro pat her head and brought his attention to Kanao. Today was the day they were traveling to Urokodaki, as the former water hashira had nothing better to do than to check on Tanjiro and hear about what has happened since he last saw his pupil. Tanjiro planned to talk to Kanao about their relationship on the way to Urokodaki's house, but their talk would have to wait until after the trip. 

About an hour earlier, Tanjiro had been talking with Muichiro and it turned out that Muichiro had a mission in the same area. So, Muichiro was tagging along now. Not that Tanjiro had a problem with it, but it made him nervous for some reason. But it didn't feel like a bad nervous. 

Realizing that Tanjiro wasn't paying attention, Kanao tapped his shoulder. Since Tanjiro had started to space out, Kanao had gotten up, put her haori on, and had gotten Nezuko settled in her box. Only then did she realize that Tanjiro was out of it. 

 "Tanjiro-kun"

 "Eh?" Tanjiro's eyes widened with realization. "Oh! Sorry Kanao-san!"

 "It's fine, but is something the matter?" 

 "Oh, well, I wanted to talk to you on the way to Urokodaki-sensei's house, but Tokito-kun has a mission there too, and I ended up offering for him to join us, and he accepted."

 Kanao nodded her head. "I'm sure we'll be able to talk at some point. Is it something that needs to be addressed before we go to Urokodaki-sama's house?" 

 "Not particularly."

 Kanao nodded her again in response. A moment of comfortable silence passed, and Kanao took the opportunity to put her hair back up in her usual side ponytail. 

"Should we be going now, Tanjiro-kun?"

"Ah! Yes! Thank you for getting Nezuko ready! Tokito-kun should be waiting for us at the front gate!"

He put Nezuko's box on his back, ready to head out. 

"Tanjiro-kun" Kanao grabbed Tanjiro's sleeve as he turned. He turned again and looked at Kanao, a questioning look in his eyes. "Aoi-chan made us some food to take with us. We should grab it before we leave."

 "Kanzaki-san wouldn't be very happy with us if we didn't." 

Tanjiro laughed at his previous statement, but Aoi was quite intimidating when she was mad. Especially if the anger was geared towards you. He shuddered as he imagined it, and Kanao smiled lightly. 

As the two made their way to the front gate, stopping by the kitchen to get the food from Aoi first, Kanao noticed that Tanjiro was quiet. She found it odd, but thought nothing of it.

🌸☁---------☁🌸

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm going to try and update this as often as i can, however i do have other books, so that may be difficult! (T-T

(this chapter has been edited and revised. if you see any spelling mistakes or if something sounds weird, please comment about it)

835 words