🌸☁Chapter 6☁🌸

muichiro and tanjiro's dynamic reminds me of the 'as long as i am here no one can hurt you' audio-

someone should make that an edit- 

I also hc that mui is a light sleeper- 

This chapter was super hard to write because i hate making Tanjiro sad, like he already had so much to deal with- 😭

🌸☁----------☁🌸

Muichiro's POV:

The ground was shaking, it was hard to focus on anything happening right now and the figure who seemed to be trying to get my attention was fading out of my field of vision. The ground disappeared and I fell down, sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss.

My eyes snapped open. I was on the.. the train! I could feel trembling against my shoulder, and it took a minute or two to realize that I was leaning against Tanjiro.

I fell asleep against Tanjiro!

My face flushed, my face was scorching hot.

Wait-

I turned and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Tanjiro! You're shaking!"

 My voice wasn't very loud- I was doing my best not to cause a panic- but a few of the passengers around us still looked our way. 

Tanjiro's eyes widened and turned his head slightly to look at me. He looked back infront of himself and took a shaky breath. He turned back to me and put on a smile. But the smile was odd. It was half-hearted, and sad. It was crushing to see him like this, but nevertheless, I pressed on, asking him what was wrong.

His response, supposedly reassuring, came out vague and rushed and his face contorted. 

 "It's nothing!" 

I frowned, not very satisfied with that answer. "Well that's not very helpful, nor is it a real answer. Tell me the truth."

Tanjiro sighed, knowing that it was inescapable. 

"U-uhm- I think Rengoku-san's.. death might be affecting me more than thought?" It came out as a question, but I could tell that it wasn't. If anything, it was just part of what Tanjiro was feeling. Mixed in with all the sadness and pain of the flame pillar's death, there was fear and anger radiating from the crimson gradient of Tanjiro's eyes. 

Leaning forward, Tanjiro's brought his knees to his chest and his face crumpled.

🌸☁---------☁🌸

Sorry that this chapter is short, but I wanted to get something out! The next few chapters might be short due to the fact that I'm taking a short vacation next week, plus I'm taking a two week vacation after that-

Next week is a trip to my mom's cousins and the other trip is an annual one so-

Hopefully I'll update somewhat regularly after that!

Have some Muitan pics as a substitute :)