ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ : ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ

Emery stood, her head lying on Daisy's shoulder. She was still a little drunk, and her head was killing her. And she just wanted to go to sleep.

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." Laurel assured quietly.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town."

"Absolutely. Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers." Laurel mumbled as the cops left the house, leaving all the kids and Laurel in the entryway.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?"

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." Steven stepped towards his mom, who clearly was pissed.

"Not a big deal?"

"Yes."

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven." Then Steven sniffed the room, scoffing afterwards.

"Were-were you guys, you guys smoking tonight?" Steven accused.

"What? Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch." Laurel tried to change the topic, but that didn't work.

"Well, I wasn't yelling. Well, you-you-you were."

"Just so you know, Laurel, I-I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD, I swear." Jeremiah said innocently.

She looked at Conrad. "You're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you?" Then she looked at the girls. "And when did you girls leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing?" Belly covered herself, "It's Taylor's. And why are the girls the only ones who aren't allowed to go out?"

"It's not that you guys are not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going. How did you even get there?"

Daisy sighed, "We walked."

"Jesus. You know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night." Laurel sighed.

"Can you stop treating us like kids?" Emery said defensively.

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one."

"Then maybe you guys should, too." Conrad snarked defensively, and Emery had a small smile.

"What does that mean? I hope you realize this night could have ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family."

"I'm sorry, Laur." Emery mumbled, keeping her head on Daisy's shoulder.

"Just, go to sleep guys." Laurel mumbled.

Emery walked up the stairs slowly, walking into her room. She quickly changed her clothes, and went to the bathroom, brushing her teeth. Then she went back in her room, laying on the bed. She stared at the ceiling aimlessly, trying to think about what all happened this night.

"You deserve someone like me."

She remembered how badly she wanted him to kiss her, but he was her best friend. And Belly liked him. She couldn't do that to her. But... she wanted to.

He was like family to her, why would she want to kiss him? That's just weird. But... she did do the same with Jeremiah. Nobody thought that was weird, maybe this wouldn't be weird either.

She smiled, fidgeting with the bracelet that had 'ANGEL' written on it.

--

"Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits? Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?" Jeremiah asked while Steven looked over his shoulder, "Okay, get out." Steven gaped at him.