ꜰɪᴠᴇ : ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ʙᴀʟʟ

Emery didn't sleep well that night, she just couldn't fall asleep. She tried all those stupid tricks her mom used to tell her to use, but she only got like 5 hours of sleep, and she woke up late.

So Emery quickly grabbed the blue bag with Belly's present off the dresser, she had woke up late because she barely slept last night. Her bed was still unmade, but she was in a rush to get downstairs.

She began to run down the stairs, seeing everyone in the kitchen, Belly turned around to see the girl. "Bells! Happy birthday!" Emery hugged Belly tightly, then she pulled away and looked at her. "Oh my god, you even look older." Belly giggled, her smile meant everything to Emery.

Belly glanced at everyone in the kitchen and back at Emery, "We were just about to open presents."

Emery's eyes widened, "Did I sleep through pancakes!?" She exclaimed.

"No, I'm just not that hungry." Emery sighed, sucking in her cheek.

"Good, well. Come on!" The brunette grabbed Belly's hand, dragging her towards the living room. Once everyone was settled in their seats, which Emery was sitting on the arm of Belly's chair, staying as far away from Jeremiah as possible, they began to give Belly her presents.

But Emery gave hers first. She shoved the bag into her hands, "Mine first!"

Belly smiled, pulling out the single piece of tissue paper Emery had used, which was white with sparkles. Inside was a pair of blue seashell earrings with gold stripes on them.

She turned to Emery hugging her, "I love it! It's so cute!" Emery then pulled away, grabbing the bag and throwing it away. Belly smiled, hugging her again quickly.

Emery loved Belly so much. She was like her second sister, and one of her best friends. Her actual best friend that lived in her city was named Aubrey.

She was beautiful, but very quiet. She loved reading, music and dancing. But Aubrey wasn't here. So back to the presents.

Everyone gave her very thoughtful gifts, and they all had sentimental value. Emery just got her something she loved, and she kinda felt bad she got her something so small.

It had no sentimental value except for the fact that Belly gave her something similar for her 15th birthday. So she got it so it would be kinda matching.

Everyone got her a present, except for Daisy. Who said she 'forgot', while Emery knew wasn't true. She went shopping to get the presents with Daisy, so Emery knew she got something for Belly. But it was none of her business.

The second they were done opening gifts, Emery ran to her room. Staying far away from Jeremiah. As she flopped onto her bed, turning on her phone that she had left in her room.

Then came the 47 texts from Aubrey, who Emery texted at 3 in the morning reading,

Emmie<33:
jere cheated on me but im alr:/

The texts Aubrey texted in return consisted of a lot of bashing Jeremiah, and then she said she was coming here. To Cousins. And that she would be there in the morning. She texted that at 5:15 AM. Which is when she wakes up for dance practice, which means she was skipping to see her.

Emery pressed the call button on her contact, it took two rings before Aubrey answered.

"Aubs! Are you actually coming here?" Emery asked frantically. Aubrey could drive, she got her license in May.

"Yep! And there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"Yes there is! Go home. I mean it. I'm fine."