sᴇᴠᴇɴ : 4ᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴊᴜʟʏ

It is now fourth of July, which has always been amazing because of Susannah.

She always decked out the whole house, everyone (including the dad's and her mom, who always went on business trips in the summer) came down to the beach house for the weekend, the boys steam clams, they all watch the fireworks and Aubrey comes down too.

Even though Aubrey was already down for the summer, and Emery actually didn't know when she was leaving.

Emery was in the kitchen, doing the same thing she did every morning. Which was eating cereal.

"Yo, I'm gonna go wash the clams. Did you get the lighter fluid?" Conrad asked Jeremiah as he began to walk out of the kitchen, stopping to hear Jeremiah's answer.

"Mm. Yeah, it's already on the beach." Jeremiah responded, drinking Belly's leftover cereal milk. He did that with everyone.

Conrad whistled in response, walking out of the kitchen as Steven and Susannah walked in. "Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven asked impatiently.

Oh yeah, portraits. Emery was supposed to get hers done soon too, but she didn't know exactly when.

"Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven. Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her." Emery laughed, shoving more cereal into her mouth.

"Ew. No way." Belly responded.

"No, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm already going with Shayla." Steven said as Laurel walked in, looking as beautiful as ever.

"To the debutante ball?" The woman asked.

"Yes."

"As an escort?"

"Wrap your head around it, Mom, all right? Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her." Oh yeah. Emery hadn't really met those girls yet, but she wasn't looking forward to it. Nicole seemed like a bitch last time they met.

"That's wonderful." Susannah responded. "Oh, and don't forget, Ms. Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock."

"I'm asking Cam today." Belly responded.

Emery kinda felt left out for not signing up, which was annoying because that wasn't like her. But she wanted to be apart of it. "Um, Susannah?" Emery asked.

"Yeah, honey?"

"Is it too late to like, I don't know, sign up for that?" Susannah stared at her with a huge smile.

"Oh my gosh! Honey! I knew you would want to sign up after you saw how much fun it would be, so I told the club to hold a spot and made a fake excuse on why you couldn't go to the tea thing. I signed it for you!" Emery stared in disbelief, she did?

"Really? So, I'm a deb? I don't have an escort though!" Emery was now having an internal break down.

Susannah raised an eyebrow, "Jeremiah would be your escort, of course." Emery glanced at Jeremiah, who actually wasn't opposing, he would do anything for her to forgive him.

"Oh, of course. But, um, I don't have a dress or anything to wear to stuff."

Susannah smiled and titled her head, "I'm always two steps ahead of you honey. I got a dress I know you would like, and you and Belly are the same size. Use some of the clothes I got her."

Emery smiled, so this is really happening? But she didn't even know any of the other debs except Belly. Maybe that's enough.

"Well thank you, but onto new topics."