Mouse in the house

Heat no light that's what y/n felt, that's what y/n saw when they woke up. She turns and groans softly, settling in between the limbo of concussions and sleep. faintly she hears snoring above her, her mind mentally checks it off as the cat except. 'mmnm..'' in a panic she sits up. "the sun- I overslept! oh god, oh god dad's gonna-" they get up, scrambling for balance, and fall all in a matter of seconds. Loki jolts awake dagger at the ready as y/n panic worsens . "shit, Hey! " he shouts and mentally smacks himself when she starts quietly break down. shielding her face and asking for forgiveness. Having had enough of this from last night he grabs her, tossing the dagger aside and holding her in an embrace. After a few more minutes of tears and thrashing, she calms down again.

The room was once again quiet, the light from the windows beamed in and onto their faces. the room looked more put together than y/n felt. " I'm sor-" he cuts her off " shut it, save it for when you have something to actually apologies for." y/n eyes widen a bit at this. then closed as they nod and lay their head on loki holding onto him like a lifeline. apart of Loki was scared about how fast he took to this child. but the larger half simply filed those worries away. 'If she's loyal to you, you'll have a raw force of power at your disposal.' he was certain that was the only reason why he would put up with this. "as much as I would love to stay here and wait till Odin crocks of old age to rule.. we need to head back out and get ready before the guards come to check up on us. trust me you never want them to be the ones helping you get ready" The green-eyed man gently pats the child's head. after a moment y/n let's go and stands up"okay.. you uh..you don't have to help me this time if you don't want to, 8 is the new 18 likely dad used to say" she gave a tired smile and a dry laugh. loki stands up and brushes himself off. "your dad is very much wrong. " he starts to walk out the door " come on then we don't have much time" she blinks and quickly follows the rebel prince out. the pathway shuts behind them leaving no trace of it behind. They both jump when there is a knock on the door, thankfully it was just a maid bringing them both new clothes. loki takes them as y/n goes to take a quick shower. they swap once she comes out wrapped in a towel. loki takes his clothes into the bathroom with him wich left y/n time to get dressed.

They looked down at the very much bland and cheap dress, it reminded them too much of the stuff they were given back home to throw on an under shirt and some shorts for the time being as they went exploring through the never ending closet again. after an hour or so loki came out not a hair out of place, y/n however was still looking through clothes mumbling " which one looks more hero like? or should I go more royal-like instead..oooh shiny crown!" she puts on the crown of golden leaves pointed upward. Loki sighs but couldn't hide the hint of fondness he felt for the kid. " if you're done messing around I need to get in there" y/n pokes her head out and sheepishly gets out the way. Loki looked through the closet for only a few seconds before picking out a brown long skirt with green embroidery around the bottom, and a white dress shirt. " you're lucky I explored a lot as a child." y/n gave him a look and he rolled his eyes '' oh quiet" instead of pointing out how she didn't say anything y/n put on what was given to her. she tops it off with a few golden jewels she found and smiles. "come on now the hair" they both walk to the same spots as yesterday when he did her hair. It felt weird but in a good way? but also not in a good way.. it felt weird to get help doing things she'd normally do herself and normally she'd feel guilty but for some reason? she didn't, not enough to get up and declare she didn't want the help anyway.

After a broken comb and some looks of horror from the amount of dandruff from loki, her hair was done, in her favorite hairstyle to altho it looked much better when loki did it. they cut it just in time, the moment he put the brush down a guard bursts in without warning making them both jump for the second time today. The guard only chuckled at this and looked around the room " a mess, but what else should i expect from you. " he doesn't bother giving any of them a look or even look at them. " you should feel grateful" hr looks down at y/n who puts on a brave face and looks back with sass " if it weren't for the queen you'd be getting your own cell right now" he looks and loki " and you on death row, where you belong" loki looks at him for a moment with an expression that's hard to read. " enough chat, odien commands you two be separated only sharing a room at night, so get lost squirt" Y/n felt a lump in her throat as she looked back at loki. He friends and sighs putting a hand on her head " don't worry about me, i'm the prince of asgard I'll be fine" he winks his charms putting her to ease if for only a moment. they look down then whisper just loud enough for him to hear " don't escape without me okay?" Loki chuckles and bends down to cup her cheek " now why would i do that? abandoning my apprentice would give me such a bad look" she giggles a bit and looks up at him with a smile " now go on, if you find thor i'm sure you can get away with eating till your heart's contempt. " y/n smiles " ya cause i can blame it on him when they get mad!" Loki smirks and tickles her " atta girl" she laughs more this time swatting his hands away. she head off before the guard drags her out by the hair, which by the look on his face he was considering it.