I only like Dinner for the food

AN: I'm sorry this is beyond late, I just really lost my passion for this but now it's back! I almost considered making this a discontinued book but I really want  to see how far I can take this, I'm sorry it's a bit short but I hope you enjoy it anyway!--

Y/n and Loki looked at each other before looking back at the maiden in the doorway " well be there in a minute"  she nods and quickly leaves shutting the door with a soft click.  Loki quickly finishes brushing Y/n's hair till it's soft and places a F/c headband in the front. "right then." he stands up and clears his throat y/n brushes out her outfit and stands up as well. " remember if he asks you questions you?" y/n looks up at him "lie, lie, lie"  Loki says the last to lies with her. y/n had no problem with lying as long as it wasn't being used to hurt. They walked out of the room and threw the hallways that seemed to shimmer with gold, not that y/n thinks about it the whole palace seemed to shimmer and shine as if the walls were made of actual money.

 She didn't put it pass them, they were royalty after all. There were guards the moment they stepped out of the room, stationed in almost every corner. "Oden's doing.." she heard Loki whisper as if reading her thoughts. When they got to the dining room y/n wasn't surprised to find it was equally as glamorous as the rest of the pace. Thor, Frigga, And Odin were already seated at the rather large table. the assortment of foods was enough to make y/n's mouth water. the only real food they ever got was from that diner back home and those foods from that weird wizard guy that sent here hear, so this was food even to her. she tried not to seem too eager but it was clear she was at least judging from the slightly amused eye roll Loki gave her. 

They took their seats, y/n, and thor eyeballed the food while Loki and Odin engaged in a silent pissing contest to see who could glare longer. Frigga cleared her throat " don't be afraid dear dig in" Both thor and y/n started filling their plates and eating, Loki however only picked at his food as he finally broke eye contact with Odin. " so what part of Asgard are you from? any nearby family ?" Frigga asked with a sweet voice y/n paused their eating and shook their head "no I'm an orphan mam, and I was kinda just wandering around till I bumped into Prince Loki" Odin was clearly displeased with the level of respect y/n gave Loki but said nothing so far. Frigga frowned "oh your poor dear... I'm terribly sorry for hearing that. may I asked why happened to your parents?" y/n paused again this time sighing "I..my mother..a-and father they.." she remembered what Loki told her " my family died in a fire. the house was raided and I and my siblings survived but they ditch me and left me to fend for myself" she didn't make eye contact with the queen but her body langued and the story believable. 

Frigga and Thor had looks of sympathy on their faces "yes, yes quite sad." Frigga glared at her husband " now how did you and Loki meet? and where did you learn that level of transformation magic, that was pretty advanced for someone your age"  Loki spoke up "i thought her in exchange for helping me hide she knows the forest like the back of her hand so it's only natural i keep her around." Odin scoffed " as if you and thor don't know all of Asgard by heart? I find it hard to believe you needed the help of some peasant girl to help you" " Things change Odin as dose the scape of the land" Loki retorted threw gritted teeth. they both fell into another staring contest only to be broken by thor slurping his soup everyone turned to look at him as he continued. 

He looked back and slowly set the plate down "what?' y/n let out a small giggle and looked back at thor. Frigga smiled at both of them and Odin sighed " no matter that's not what's important here.." he looked over at y/n " you owe my guards a formal apology" y/n and Loki snapped there heads to look at Odin "What!?" they said in sync " what for?" y/n huffed " Odin stared the child down " you broke into my castle slandered my guard's name, and have been fraternizing with a criminal!" y/n shrunk down "I saved your wife though.." Odin didn't let up "yes you did, but that doesn't change the fact you're far from a saint" Loki wanted to say something but held his tongue for once when y/n squeezed his hand as a way of saying don't. Frigga spoke up for him "honey please" "No Frigga, you can't show mercy simply because there a child" both Loki Frigga and even thor looked like they wanted to argue with that one. "next time I'll just wait for your guards to save her " y/n grumble. That made something in him snap whether he liked to admit it or not she was right, Frigga could have died today if it wasn't for her, but that was a fact he couldn't face "THERE WILL BE NO NEXT TIME" time seemed to stop as everyone held their breath. 

y/n closed their eyes doing their best to keep the composer and not curl up and cry. "hon-" "NO, I'll be sure of it! this was a flook an eye-opener even, i don't want anyone to even think! about trying a stunt like this again!" he stood up " take the queen to her room I want as many guards as possible garding her and take these two back to the room. If they leave punish them as you see fit as long as there alive"

 Frigga screamed with resistance trying to knock some scenes into her husband but failed as the guards dragged her away kicking and yelling "Odin! Odin this is madness ODIN!"

 y/n was as still as a deer in the headlights as Loki picked her up and went to the room with guards trailing behind him, thor stayed back with Odin. When they got back in the playroom and the door was shut, Loki wasted no time trying to calm the now crying y/n down "hey hey look at me" y/n  didn't respond. 

Loki let out a cuss what did humans call these? doesn't matter. he decided. he held her close and rubbed her back "calm down you idiot .. you're fine, he's gone...I won't let him hurt you." his voice lowers to almost a whisper, y/n clings to him as she slowly starts to calm down her breathing becoming more even, and her body stops shaking. After a few minutes, she lets go " sorry.." Loki sighed "it's fine.. not your fault anyway." y/n sighed and curled up knees to her chest " it is.. i-im normally better at controlling those.." Loki frowned " crying?" "no i.." she sighed " never mind" she just felt tired now as she laid down on the bed. 

Loki sat on the edge of the bed and pierced his lips together. he grabbed a blanket and stood up "right then" he looked around the room pressing random spots on the wall. y/n didn't have the energy to ask what he was doing but didn't have to once a small passageway appeared. she sat up and slowly walked over to him looking curiously down the new hallway. Loki walked threw and y/n followed wordlessly. when they got to the end they walked into a huge room filled with books and windows with the most beautiful view of the outside the room itself resembled one of those towers in her sister's storybooks that she always got in trouble for touching. Loki blew some dust out of the way and sat down on the bean bag on the floor.  

He pats the seat next to him and y/n sits without question. she looks out the window as her mind starts to calm and wander. she unconsciously leans against Loki whos now reading a new book. y/n looks up "What's that one about?" she mumbles tiredly. Loki is quick to explain the story to her in detail it's one of his favorites " it's about a young soldier who is thrown into enemy territory must travel back to his kingdom to take revenge on his evil wife who threw him there while also-"  

 while explaining y/n slowly falls asleep to the music of the chirping animals from outside and the sound of Loki's voice. Loki stops and wraps the blanket around her. continuing to read to himself silently.  if anyone found them like this he would die of embarrassment and deny the whole thing, but secretly he didn't mind this, not one bit.

They stayed like that for the rest of the day till Loki fell asleep as well, with the guards guarding the door none the wiser and thing king of Asgard starting his trip into paranoia town.