Chapter 3 - Moving Forward

"Huff, huff"

A heavy breathing came from a brown-haired man who was running to an alley.

'How did the Japanese police know about our hideout? No, in the first place just how in the world they know about us in Japan? Shit! Shit!'

The man didn't know if his partner had escape or not.

"Are the police gone already?"

The man asked out loud while peeking behind the wall. He sighed in relief when he didn't see any police.

"Just surrender, Mr. Rex. Your companion has already been arrested."

The man whipped his head. He can see a guy wearing a dark blue jacket behind him. Rex pointed his gun at the guy and pull the trigger but nothing is coming out. The bullets were spent already. Raged, Rex throw the gun.

"Shit! Like hell I would!"

Rex shouted while throwing some punch to the man. The new coming guy, Elias parried his punch using his left hand and throw his fist towards the man's abdomen.

"Ugh."

Rex staggered back. He glared at Elias and turned around to run away but someone blocked him. Rex didn't care about that person so he pushed him away. Unfortunately for him, that person caught his hand and punched him at the same place Elias did.

"We cannot have you run away again. Men, handcuff him."

"Yes, sir!"

Elias walked to the man who gave the order.

"Thank you, Hutton-san. You managed to prevent him from running away."

"It's nothing."

Elias stared at the criminal until he got into the car and faced the man beside him.

"Well then, we'll meet again at the tomorrow meeting, Furuya-san."

....................

"Nice work, Hutton. I don't know what we would do without you. The criminals just had to be in Japan. I am very relieved that you're there."

Elias has been cooperating with NPA Security Bureau to arrest a group of terrorists wanted by Interpol. He was glad that the bureau didn't have any issue with it.

"It's nothing, Mr. Orlando. This is my job."

He loosen his tie. It is very tiring to wear the suit. He dislike wearing a suit, but today he was forced to wear it because of the meeting with NPA agents.

"Well, anyway good job. If needed, I will inform you again."

Mr. Orlando hung up the phone.

Elias sighed. He looks outside the window. It has been a busy week.

'Let's just go back.'

When he turned around, he saw Furuya and a man wearing a glasses walking towards him. Elias adjusted the tie back. He cannot meet with Japan's representative with untidy clothes, can he?

When they arrived in front of him, Elias greeted them first.

"Furuya-san, thank you very much for helping us catch the terrorists. We are very grateful."

He bowed a little to show his gratitude.

"No, Hutton-san. We are the one that should be grateful for informing us about them. Our country may be in danger if they are still out there."

Elias had a very good impression of Furuya. He stretched his hand towards him.

"It was nice to work with you."

"It was nice for me too."

Furuya shook his hand back.

....................

Ring

The bell on the door is ringing.

"Welcome to-- ah..Hirano-san, you came!"

Akira saw the regular customer that come to the cafe since one year ago. He introduced himself as Hirano.

"As usual, Akira-san."

Elias told Akira.

"Yes."

He go towards his usual sit and sighed of relieve.

'Finally peaceful.'

He thought.

Clack

A hand is putting a cup in front of him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Elias take a sip. Meanwhile, Akira looked at Elias and wondered out loud.

"How unusual for you to wear suit, Hirano-san."

He paused.

"Is that so? Well, I have a meeting today."

"I see."

Akira nodded.

"Please, enjoy your drinks."

Akira then went back to the counter.

Buzz

He felt vibration from his pocket.

'It's a mail from Akai-san.'

It has a single sentence.

[ I have a mission in America. ]

'Hah! Just like him. Never explain anything.'

Elias shaked his head.

'Oh, well.'

He typed a reply.

[ Ok. ]

One year ago, after failing to capture Gin, they didn't have any inside information more. It's a pity, but they're not too disappointed. He also didn't hear anything about Miyano Akemi either.

Elias looked outside and noticed people who was living peacefully.

'..Today is a tiring day.'

...................

< One year later >

Elias' eyes opened wide when he read the newspaper. It is about the one billion yen robbery case that had been resolved. The culprit-- a woman had committed suicide before getting caught by the police, but that's not what he concerns about. That woman..

'..Miyano Akemi.'

The news said that the culprit's name was Hirota Masami, but he recognize.

"She is Miyano-san."

He murmured. Elias don't think that Miyano Akemi had committed suicide. She still has a sister after all. All that left now..

'I'm sure she was murdered. That organization must be behind this case.'

He was deep in thought. Suddenly his eyelids flew up.

'Akai-san..'

He look again at the newspaper with a complicated look. Life is not very fair, isn't it?