Chapter 7 - Visiting You

"Ladies and gentlemen, for your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seatbelt fastened until the Captain turn off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will..."

An announcement from the flight attendance drew the man's attention from the book in his hand. Elias closed the book and take a look outside the window. They've already arrived in America.

After the plane has landed safely, he took his luggage while looking at his watch.

'The car should've already arrived.'

Elias turned around and said to the people who followed him.

"Follow me. We have prepared your residence here."

Araide Tomoaki, a physician whose his identity had been stolen by Vermouth followed Elias to a car which was waiting for them.

In order to prevent Araide and his family from being killed by Vermouth, FBI decided to fake their death through an accident to deceive her. And now, Elias was tasked by James to manage their safety in America.

After about half an hour, the car had arrived in front of a resident. Elias then guided them into the house.

"As you knew from the FBI agent, your safety was being threatened by a criminal wanted by them. So, by this time, you need to stay in America."

Araide actually had heard a little explanation from Jodie before going to America, so he asked the man he assumed as Jodie's subordinate a question.

"Umm.. Excuse me, Hutton-san."

Elias frowned hearing the name that he usually use during work. He interrupted Araide.

"Just call me Elias."

Araide a little perplexed but followed his words.

"Then, Elias-san. I want to ask you if we could go back to Japan."

"In the meantime, you should stay here. Japan now is a dangerous place for you and your family."

Araide nodded in understanding.

"Thank you, Elias-san."

Elias paused. He reached into his pocket and give Araide a card.

"If anything happen, you can call this number. Then, excuse me."

He dipped his head a little and turned his back to go to the car again. Elias asked the driver to send him to the hotel.

He took his luggage to his room after he received his room key card. As soon as he got into the room, he immediately threw himself on the bed.

'Such an exhausting day..'

It had been a while since he had board a long flight. He feel exhausted. He didn't sleep during the night before he board the plane as he needed to do some work. Sleeping in the plane too is a no go because it was uncomfortable. In the end, he could only sleep when he arrive in his room.

Elias buried his head in the pillow while remembering that he did not eat dinner yet. He closed his eyes tiredly.

'Nevermind, I will eat tomorrow. Then, I need to go to the headquarters to report to Mr. Orlando. After that..I'll go..visit..them...'

After that, only the sound of a softly breathing can be heard in that room.

.................................

A black sedan stopped in front of a cemetery and a man who was wearing a black trench coat get off from the car. In his hand, there were two bouquets of white rose.

As soon as Elias finished meeting with Mr. Orlando at the headquarters, he drive his car to Alexandria, the place where he grew up. He walked towards the two familiar tombstones and put the bouquets in front of the tombstones.

'Henry Hutton'

'Lydia Allen'

'Father, Mother, I'm here to visit you.'

Elias stroked the tombstones softly. There is no sadness on his face. Only a serene atmosphere enveloped on his body.

After around 5 minutes later, he get up to leave. He then drove his car to stop for a while at his parent's house. In front of him is a big mansion which had left for five years. Elias unlocked the door and went in. The house interior didn't change although it had been a long time since he was here.

On the table, there was a picture of a pair of a married people and a teenager. The woman had blond hair with brown eyes and the man had a pair of brown eyes similar to his hair. Meanwhile, the teenager had black hair with a pair of light blue eyes.

It was obvious that the teenager didn't have any relationship with the pair as their face didn't have similarities especially the teenager had an asian face.

.................

The sound of several rhythmic footsteps echoes in the corridor. Elias came out from the office belong to the NPA's head. This situation almost similar during the first time he was here almost five years ago. Although, this time he is more familiar with the NPA agent beside him.

"It's look like your superior prefer you to do the job in here as he sent you." Furuya exclaimed.

"Not really. Maybe because I'm too free?" Elias replied nonchalantly.

Furuya chuckled a bit.

"Don't you want to work with me? My job will be easier with your help."

Elias glanced at the man.

"Are you trying to pull me to your agency? I'm sorry but I am a natural person." He paused a bit. "Also, you don't need to have me as you and your subordinate beside you is quite competent."

Elias refered to Kazami.

Their conversations was interrupted by a sound of ringing phone belong to Furuya. He excused himself to answered it. While Furuya was talking in the phone, Elias talked to Kazami.

"It must be tough to work with him, right?"

Kazami stuttered. "N-not hard! Furuya-san is very admirable person!"

Elias blinked. "I see."

He intended to console this man for be able to cope with Furuya, but it seems that it wasn't needed.

Elias lifted his hand to gaze at his wristwatch. It almost time for him to go to Haido Central Hospital. A member from the Black Organization had appeared to search for another codenamed member - Kir - that had been captured by the FBI.

Furuya came back after finishing his call.

"I have another work after this, so see you in another time."

Elias nodded.

"Sure. I also have some work to do too. See you later."