twenty two

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter twenty two.

HUNTER HAD RETURNED TO Los Angeles and the LAFD a week and a half later

HUNTER HAD RETURNED TO Los Angeles and the LAFD a week and a half later. Cody had left for Afghanistan four days ago and had also decided he would keep their fathers house, which meant less work for Hunter when sorting out his finances.

It was the first time she had been sober in days, most of the past week was spent laying in the bed of her truck on the side of the road while downing bottles. Or she end up in the range with a Remington and a M&P

There was a moment or two that ended with her in a ring with a man and some bloody fists and a sprained wrist. It had felt so nice for her to practice hand to hand combat against another person who was aiming to hurt her. She wasn't just skilled behind a scope, up close she was lethal too.

However she was incredibly glad to be back at the 118, she had greatly missed her Captain and her friend Hen.

"You glad to be back?" Hen asked her as they looked up at the woman standing above the freeway. The had all seemed to be on eggshells around her, doing their best not to mention her father— or Cody leaving which was more upsetting.

"Well, there's no crazy like LA crazy," she said with a sigh as she pulled her harness on before walking with Buck and Eddie to move into position.

"Hunt, you good to move into position?" Her Captain asked her over the radio.

Hunter took a breath before saying, "yeah, I got it, Cap."

"No, no, no," the unhinged older woman called, "what are you doing?" She asked while pulling out a handgun from her bathrobe.

Hunter froze, her hands slightly raised as any kindness and remorse disappeared from her eyes, "i think it's best for both of us if you put that down," she said, her voice dropping to a low level that had both Eddie and Buck had never heard before, "you don't wanna do this."

CHAMAN, AFGHANISTAN - 2015

Hunter was backed against a wall as the man clad in a Perahan o Tunban held the gun against her front of her throat. She was already bloody and bruised and no matter how good of a fighter she was, she was too tired to have quick reflexes.