thirty five

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter thirty five.

Hunter rejoiced in the feeling as she hiked through the norther woods

Hunter rejoiced in the feeling as she hiked through the norther woods. Just the fresh air that filled her lungs made her feel ten times better. The blue and green that surrounded her was the scenery that artists dreamed about capturing in their work.

She lugged her long rifle, it thudding against her chest as she jumped over the trees that had fallen. The tactical backpack she had been using since she first joined up weighed heavily against her. Standing at the stop of a deep ravine she slowly dropped herself down to the ground before bringing the Ruger American .300 to her front. Looking down the scope, she sighed enjoying the feeling of hunting.

She had taken her off day to travel a few hours up north and spend her time in the foothills of California. It had been so long since she was able to get behind one of her rifles and it felt so good. Ever since she was little she enjoyed hunting. The feeling of providing was one thing but she just enjoyed the ambiance of nature itself.

Hunter smiled as she saw the elk standing tall. She was hoping for a bear, it was one of the few times they were in season but she knew that was a long shot. The elk would do.

A bullet will kill you three ways.

The first way: Extremities. Miss a major artery and the victim has ten to 20 minutes before they bleed out.

The second way: Anywhere in the tens, center chest. The bullet will tumble, lots of bone to splinter, the heart or the arteries get hit, blood pressure drops to zero.

The final way is the kill shot. Middle of the skull, any angle. Like a marionette with the strings cut, you're dead before the brain can process what happened. Guns change everything, and a bullet is forever.

The blonde girl frowned as she angled her scope lower and saw the bloodied leg of the male elk. She grimaced while looking at the trap clinging its jaws tightly, holding the poor animal in place.

Hunter moved her scope slightly again as she prepared to pull the trigger, she took her breath in as she slowed her heart rate. She exhaled as she pulled the trigger, the sound of metal hitting metal followed the sound of the gunshot.